• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk 11 to version 17 migration

Tazugre

New Pleskian
Hello,

i want to upgrade my old Plesk from version 11.5.30 to 17. I can't really find release notes or compatibility information about upgrade path's etc.

Does anyone know where to get those informations from? And does anyone have experience updating plesk from an very old version to the latest. Are there any known problems/bugs?

Thanks alot in advance!

Last edited:
Are you using CentOS or Debian?

Here are some woth knowing things for update/upgrade Plesk

I recommend here you should be used to migrate a current system with CentOS 7 or Debian 9.5.

Here some notes for CentOS 7
And Here some notes for Debian 9.5

Are you using CentOS or Debian?

Here are some woth knowing things for update/upgrade Plesk

I recommend here you should be used to migrate a current system with CentOS 7 or Debian 9.5.

Here some notes for CentOS 7
And Here some notes for Debian 9.5
The current distribution for our current plesk is Redhat 6.

In this constellation simply by experience I'd say that the migration update is the only way that will more or less work with a few flaws only. A direct upgrade of the operating system to a new release followed by an upgrade of Plesk over several releases is very likely to fail. There are just too many changes and too many occasions where things can go wrong. It may be much better to install a new server with the latest OS version, install the latest Plesk on that and then migrate the content of the old server to the new one using Plesk migrator extension.

....install a new server with the latest OS version, install the latest Plesk on that and then migrate the content of the old server to the new one using Plesk migrator extension
Which we did, but for different reasons (CentOS > Ubuntu preference) One thing to be aware of in advance is THIS @Tazugre you may not only be using TLSv1.2, but if your are, there is a workaround and other information too re the official Plesk future fix

Which we did, but for different reasons (CentOS > Ubuntu preference) One thing to be aware of in advance is THIS @Tazugre you may not only be using TLSv1.2, but if your are, there is a workaround and other information too re the official Plesk future fix

Hello! The issue with TLS(PMT-4528) that you`ve mentioned was fixed in latest update of Plesk Migrator (2.17.1).

Hello! The issue with TLS(PMT-4528) that you`ve mentioned was fixed in latest update of Plesk Migrator (2.17.1).
That's good news for everyone @Alina Dmi :)

On the page link posted previoulsy, this wording: Cause This is Plesk Migrator bug with ID #PMT-4528 that is planned to be fixed in future Plesk updates. maybe could / should be changed to: Cause :This was a bug with Plesk Migrator (ID #PMT-4528) but was fixed with the release of Plesk Migrator version 2.17.1. or similar wording, because that will help people who don't use forums / just google the error code/wording

Back