• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 with nginx and htaccess?

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Hi.

On my actual server I working without Plesk and without nginx. Now I want move to Plesk with nginx.

I use kohana framework and forums that need htaccess files. Must I insert the content of htaccess files in apache2 httpd.conf or in nginx? I would not have single htaccess files anymore.

Hi, as Nginx in Plesk acts as optimizing proxy in front of Apache, you can keep using .htaccess files for you application. Apache will interpret them as usual. If you need to move the directives into Apache configs use conf/vhost.conf file - more information is available at How to customize Apache vhost

.htaccess directives don't need to go into nginx config, as nginx won't recognize them anyway. It is configured in quite a different manner.

there is an addon to PLESK that automatically converts .htaccess to nginx format. I'm trying it now.. it seems to work..

Back