• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.x to 11.5 Upgrade Gone Bad

CyberEdge_Alan

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

After upgrading nothing loads and the error I get when trying to login to plesk is the following...

"Unable to execute php_handlers_control: [Warning] removing handler `5.3' (module) due to errors in getting php version : can not get version from /usr/bin/php-cgi
[Warning] removing handler `5.3' (cgi) due to errors in getting php version : can not get version from /usr/bin/php-cgi"

Any help would be awesome. I'm at a loss.

After running a command from the other post it returns.

' /usr/bin/php-cgi -c /etc/php.ini -r 'echo phpversion();'
Failed loading /usr/lib64/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so: /usr/lib64/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so: undefined symbol: php_body_write
PHP Fatal error: Directive 'magic_quotes_gpc' is no longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0
'

any suggestions?

Did a little searching and no luck on a solution.

Last edited:
Most probably your current PHP version doesn't match its configuration files. Namely, it is not 5.2. You should fix configuration to load proper ionCube and not use unsupported directives.

Where would PHP be loading ionCube at?

I found the version it should be loading but I'm unable to locate it in php.ini.

I'm running PHP 5.4 so the matching ionCube should be ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so. This is installed but not updated in the configuration but where would I need to be updating this at.

I got my PHP problems resolved now. Thankfully however I am now having other issues regarding the Plesk Upgrade.

"Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host <XXX> because of the following errors:

Template_Exception: mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/www/vhosts/system/XXX/conf': No such file or directory
mktemp: failed to create file via template `/var/www/vhosts/system/XXX/conf/13756301660.85615000_httpd.conf.XXXXXX': No such file or directory
Can not create temporary file

file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php
line: 68
code: 0

Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again."

I know in the update notes it mentioned about having a new file structure. All my files are located in the same area and unchanged which sure enough if I moved them all under /system/ could resolve my issues. I would like Plesk though to work the way it should and do it automatically. I am guessing but I would think it could have something to do with permissions?

PS I did search and found your other post and trying it now...

AND

Doing the 'plesk bin repair --restore-vhosts-permissions' did it for me! After that just had to rebuild templates however when refreshing the plesk panels page I now get.

'New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Template processing failed: file = /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domainVhost.php, error = Template_Exception: [Template_Variable_Domain_PhysicalHosting] Wrong variable to subsitute: maintenanceMode file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php line: 27 code: 0 Previous error: Template_Exception: [Template_Variable_Domain_PhysicalHosting] Wrong variable to subsitute: maintenanceMode file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php line: 27 code: 0 Previous error: Template_Exception: [Template_Variable_Domain_PhysicalHosting] Wrong variable to subsitute: maintenanceMode file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Variable/Abstract.php line: 67 code: 0. The error message containing the detailed error descriptions was sent to you by e-mail. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files.

Last edited:
Depending on your system in something like /etc/php/conf.d/. Use grep.

I am also getting this problem. I updated the ioncube.ini to the correct version (5.4). Now, instead of giving me a 'failed loading' error, php-fpm will not start. There is an error, but no details. Nothing in the logs. incredibly confused.

Back