• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0.18 MU#63

Rate this MU

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 16.7%

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

IgorG

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Certified Professional
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have released new microupdate - http://kb.odin.com/en/126796
Please write in this sticky thread all problems with your Plesk servers which arose after applying this microupdate. And please be absolutely sure that reported problem is really caused by this microupdate!
We also welcome the positive reviews :)

Several improvements were made in this microupdate. Please share your opinion how it was easy to get them.

Thanks.

after last night's auto update, it seems my nginx has been disabled..
starting the service results in 'disabled in config' error.
web pages do not function..trying to enable it now..it's been a minute since I gave the
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --enable command.. still no response..

It seems its config was reverted to default and the worker_rlimit parameter is gone.
likewise for /etc/sysconfig/ngnix file which was now empty.

I manually put the worker_rlimit_nofile in the config, the -n 4096 in sysconfig, the /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginxmng -e just hangs.
I'm doing a /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all now. hopefully this willfix it..

Perhaps I'm being impatient but neither /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
nor /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginxmng -e seem to finish running. the nginxmng has been running for 5 minutes.

update: nginxmnng just finished without an error message. waiting on httpdmng now

httpdmng has not yet finished running but service nginx restart was acccepted finally and web pages are now coming..
I'm a happy camper again :)

We get somes errors with the service nginx 1.9.4
- first we get "Not starting nginx as it is disabled in config" when we try to restart service
i fix the bug with "/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --enable"
- secondly, all parameters files in "/etc/nginx" erase and replace by files configuration

- secondly, all parameters files in "/etc/nginx" erase and replace by files configuration
What do you mean exactly here? Could you please clarify?
Anyway - it is incorrect to add customization directly in config files of services. Right way is adding special own files which are included from /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:

# cat /etc/nginx/nginx.conf | grep include
include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf

And what is your OS version?

Confirmed - latest NGINX update breaks servers. I got a VPS on Leaseweb with CentOS 6

This morning i was lucky to spot an email announcing a new Plesk update so i checked my sites and they were all down.
I did a couple of VPS restarts but websites would not load. I managed to get into Plesk and stopped NGINX, this is the only way i could get back online

Last edited:
Yup same here: "Not starting nginx as it is disabled in config"

Every single Plesk server we operate auto updated to this release and upon next nginx reload, all sites were down. It appears to disable nginx entirely on the box when nginx was previously working just fine. To fix it I had to run the following on each box to re-enable nginx:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --enable
/sbin/service nginx restart

You guys should really pull this update until that can be fixed.

{EDIT: Sept 10, 2015}

It's worth noting here that Igor's workaround on Page2 of this thread is a much quicker solution than running nginxmng:

Guys, regarding nginx start issue - it is really bug (PPPM-3259 for your reference).
Workaround: just add NGINX_ENABLED=yes to /etc/sysconfig/nginx file.

Last edited:
I can confirm that I had to run the same commands mentioned by websavers to get the server to serve web content again.

I'm using Plesk 12.0.18 on CentOS 6. After update #63 on 5 of september which installed newer version of Proftpd all websites went inaccessible on FTP. I've neither touched or installed something.

Any idea how to get FTP service back ?

Found it - after the plesk update it was written in /etc/proftpd.conf on line 95 : Include /etc/proftpd.d/*.conf which generated fatal error because of the lack of such directory

I have excactly the same issue after the same update!

At my case the "Include /etc/proftpd.d/*.conf" in on line 93.
The directory "/etc/proftpd.d" exists and have a file "50-plesk.conf" on it.

...what's the solution?

Thanks!

Guys, now it sounds very vague. Let's talk specifically.
Please tell me in detail - what is your OS? What sort of parameters in what exact configs have been modified? Have you performed these modifications directly in config files or you have configured it in Plesk UI for additional nginx configuration?
Could you please describe this issue in detail - as step-by-step instruction for reproducing.
Thank you.

I did the changes directly in the main nginx config file, following the threads on the net for better nginx performance.
The changes I made, I believe were these:
worker_processes 5;
worker_rlimit_nofile 26384;

the worker_rlimit_nofile was a must; it complained about too many open files otherwise.

Back