• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergey L

CTO Plesk
Staff member
Hello,

We would like to invite you in Plesk 12.0 preview process.
As of today you can explore such demanded functions as
- Convert customer to reseller (and back)
- Move customers between resellers (admin too)
- Dovecot support
More functions will come soon and will be announced once available

At https://sp.parallelsnetwork.com/parallels-plesk-panel-12-partner-preview/ page you can find all necessary downloads, documentation, trial license keys and even online demo (if you have no time for installing). The page requires sign-up

The preview has embedded problem report form, and at a download page as well.
Tell us what you think about this new version

Thank you

Well, Thank you a lot, I installed version 12.x on a 11.5 server and worked perfectly (in fact 11.6.4 worked great also)

The best feature is moving among resellers that was a MUST since the beginning

One drawback that I found is that when everything is migrated to a reseller, their "SERVICE PLANS" do not match, so they are locked, and there should be a way to "globally" assign a service plan unlock the domain, asign the plan and SYNCRONIZE with the reseller's plans

Other than that, 11.6 seems great.

Javier

Hi,

Do you have any information about Plesk Panel 12.0 production release date? Dovecot support is very important to us.

Thanks

Best guess? Days, weeks, months, years? I'm not looking for definite confirmation, just an indication about your plans. ;)

Reportedly some people might not be able to access the page after sign up. If that happened to you, just let us know your account name (login) and we will fix the problem.

For the last month we have delivered few more functions for 12.0:
  • Can access all domains of all subscriptions/webspaces - just select "all" in dropdown selector
  • Can disable mail per domain
  • Tabbed-view UI refined for better view on mobiles
  • Simple customer-like tabbed interface for Reseller accounts (if they have no own customers) - enable in their Interface settins
  • Consolidated all logs in /var/log/plesk for easier troubleshooting
  • Can make custom descriptions for various items - for Customers, for Resellers, for Subscriptions and for Sites
We are looking for your feedback. Do you think something can be done better? Tell us now, it is not too late. :)

Stay tuned for more. The largest changes will be announced in January-February.

Last edited:
For the last month we have delivered few more functions for 12.0:
  • Can access all domains of all subscriptions/webspaces - just select "all" in dropdown selector
  • Can disable mail per domain
  • Tabbed-view UI refined for better view on mobiles
  • Simple customer-like tabbed interface for Reseller accounts (if they have no own customers) - enable in their Interface settins
  • Consolidated all logs in /var/log/plesk for easier troubleshooting
  • Can make custom descriptions for various items - for Customers, for Resellers, for Subscriptions and for Sites
We are looking for your feedback. Do you think something can be done better? Tell us now, it is not too late. :)

Stay tuned for more. The largest changes will be announced in January-February.
I would like to see CBM back, although I do understand the focus Parallels has on PBAS, as it's more feature-rich and provides more money than CBM. I like the interface on PPP12, keep the "Manage hosting" link open up the way it does on PPP 12.0.7, opening it on another window or tab was not very nice in PPP 11.5, at least according to my point of view.

keep the "Manage hosting" link open up the way it does on PPP 12.0.7, opening it on another window or tab was not very nice in PPP 11.5, at least according to my point of view.

Hi Konstantinos, thanks for your feedback. It is configurable actually. Even in 11.5 you can go Tools & Settings / Interface Management and choose "Open hosting operations in Server Administration Panel". This will make them open in the same window.

CBM is still included, just not promoted any longer. If you have it installed prior to upgrade, it will be upgraded and you will receive latest updates/fixes.
For new installs it is only available via command-line options, but not in interactive UI.

Hi Konstantinos, thanks for your feedback. It is configurable actually. Even in 11.5 you can go Tools & Settings / Interface Management and choose "Open hosting operations in Server Administration Panel". This will make them open in the same window.
Great, didn't know about that, it saves a lot of time, so thanks for the tip!

CBM is still included, just not promoted any longer. If you have it installed prior to upgrade, it will be upgraded and you will receive latest updates/fixes.
For new installs it is only available via command-line options, but not in interactive UI.
Any chance we'll see a GUI for CBM in PPP12?

Look's that CBM will be closed. It's time to search another billing solution.
I would really like to say I doubt about it, but you never know. Up to Plesk 11.5 it's available, and according to Sergay, it is available on Plesk 12 if you upgrade from 11.5, hopefully, a GUI will be available in Plesk 12 for a direct installation instead of an upgrade from Plesk 11.5, as I doubt Parallels will let this one slip for the sake of selling more licenses for PBAS and alienating the users who can't afford a complete virtualization solution for a dedicated server, or a second dedicated server. I would like to know more about the plans Parallels has for Plesk 12 and the features it will have out of the box, as well as any plugins like CBM, or the ability to have a PBAS installation, along with Plesk 12 on the same server if needed, which is something not supported until today as far as I know.

However, I doubt we'll have any information on that end, until some features are set and a timeframe is set, which will probably mean that such an announcement will be made during the opening of a public beta, instead of a more private, PartnerNet beta. Sergay, if you have any info to give us, please do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back