• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it later possible to convert the license to a PP12 license?
What happens if i try to use the 11.x license?

1. Existing Monthly Lease license is supported in Plesk 12.
2. Existing Purchased license should have active SUS, then the license version will be upgraded automatically during Plesk upgrade to v12.
3. If you want new Edition-based Plesk 12 license, you need to terminated the old one and buy new (there is no conversion from old licenses to new Edition-based licenses).

Hi,

I had the same problem and I have resolved it by removing --install-component agent
Plesk returned a 404 error on https://server:8443 but it was ok on http://server:8880 . After a fresh install without the agent, there was no problem.

Thanks for the tip.

I just upgraded another Plesk 11.5 to Plesk 12
and this issue arose again.

As this was an update, I could not deselect the agent component.
Since this is a production server, I decided to dive deeper this time (last time was only test setup).

I found the following:

Code:
2014/06/25 03:48:49 [warn] 1814#0: conflicting server name "" on 0.0.0.0:8443, ignored
2014/06/25 11:37:50 [error] 2043#0: *3 "/usr/share/html/index.html" is not found (2: No such file or directory), client: 78.22.123.230, server: , request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "vz12.stone-is.net:8443"

So I decided to dig up the nginx configs:

Code:
# grep include /etc/sw-cp-server/config
    include       mime.types;
    include /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/*.conf;

On this server I found the following:

Code:
# ls -la /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/*.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 438 Jun  6 10:40 /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/agent.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 491 Jun  6 10:30 /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/apsc.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 335 Jun  6 10:30 /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/plesk.conf

On another server which I had updated to Plesk 12 last week, and didn't give this issue, I found:

Code:
# ls -la /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/*.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 491 Jun  6 10:30 /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/apsc.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 335 Jun  6 10:30 /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/plesk.conf

The temp fix here is:

Code:
mv /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/agent.conf{,.bak}
service sw-cp-server restart

Code:
# rpm -qa | grep -i agent
plesk-service-node-agent-12.0.18-cos6.build1200140606.15.x86_64

The difference between these two servers is that the one giving issues right now, was installed via CLI. (with --install-component agent)
The one updated last week was manually installed. (without --install-component agent)

So upgrading a Plesk 11.5 that was installed with --install-component agent and thus has the agent, to Plesk 12 will fail on bringing back Plesk.

@Parallels, can you take this as a bug report and resolve this?

@Parallels, can you take this as a bug report and resolve this?

Yes, it is known issue and developers are working on it. But I don't know why you use option --install-component agent for autoinstaller? Package plesk-service-node-agent is necessary only when you use Plesk as Service Node for Parallels Plesk Automation.

It was an error on my part.
I didn't realise this was for PPA only when listing all components via --show-components to make a list of components to deploy.

How would it be best removed, so that I can push to any other server I'd like to update?
I don't think it shows in the list of autoinstaller.

1. Existing Monthly Lease license is supported in Plesk 12.
2. Existing Purchased license should have active SUS, then the license version will be upgraded automatically during Plesk upgrade to v12.
3. If you want new Edition-based Plesk 12 license, you need to terminated the old one and buy new (there is no conversion from old licenses to new Edition-based licenses).

Igor could you explain me a bit more about third option?
I have a license for PP 11.5.x installed on my server. If I renew current key (with SUS) to next year I will be able to upgrade PP to newer version of PP 12.0 ?

Regards,
Alex

It was an error on my part.
I didn't realise this was for PPA only when listing all components via --show-components to make a list of components to deploy.

How would it be best removed, so that I can push to any other server I'd like to update?
I don't think it shows in the list of autoinstaller.

Just use "rpm -e plesk-service-node-agent" for removing this package.

Igor could you explain me a bit more about third option?
I have a license for PP 11.5.x installed on my server. If I renew current key (with SUS) to next year I will be able to upgrade PP to newer version of PP 12.0 ?

Regards,
Alex

Your case is #2 (not #3). Looks like you have Purchased license. After you renew SUS, you will be able to upgrade the product to Plesk 12. During the product upgrade, the license version will be upgraded automatically to 12. Note, the license will remain in old licensing schema (which is also supported by Plesk 12).

If you want an edition-based license (new Plesk 12 licensing schema), then see #3 - you need to terminate your existng license and create a new one of required edition.

Code:
2014/06/25 03:48:49 [warn] 1814#0: conflicting server name "" on 0.0.0.0:8443, ignored
2014/06/25 11:37:50 [error] 2043#0: *3 "/usr/share/html/index.html" is not found (2: No such file or directory), client: 78.22.123.230, server: , request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "vz12.stone-is.net:8443"

The temp fix here is:

Code:
mv /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/agent.conf{,.bak}
service sw-cp-server restart
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Every Plesk update seems to throw up one snag or another, often with panel login. This one was hard to find on google and took several hours to fix, but the 'temp fix' in the post above worked a treat.

I've no idea what 'agent' is or why I have it installed - something to do with customer management? This is a self-managed VPS and the only 'customer' is me! Clean install (by my hosting company) back at 11 and has been upgraded through 11.5 and 12 since then.

The agent is part of Parallels Plesk Automation.
A higher level clustered solution that uses Plesk as its backend.

It's safe to remove it from all your machines if you don't use Parallels Plesk Automation (PPA).
It is used to provide a communications layer between PPA and Plesk (I think).

Thanks StéphanS,

I'm not (knowingly!) using PPA and never have done. In fact, I haven't even got a /usr/local/ppa directory, so I guess the existence of that agent.conf file is a hangover/glitch.

Thanks again for your help.

TN

The preview has embedded problem report form, and at a download page as well.
Tell us what you think about this new version...

I also get this error while trying to install with the auto-installer on openSUSE:

===> Checking for the necessary system accounts
Checking for the system groups and users necessary for MySQL...
Checking for the group ''...
Trying to add group ''... groupadd: '' is not a valid group name

ERROR while trying to add group ''

Well, Pleask 12 Preview is not actual now. Therefore I close this thread. Thank you for cooperation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back