• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5.30 Microsoft Windows DNS configuration

HDsupport

New Pleskian
Hi,

Is it possible to set up primary and secondary DNS server as Microsoft DNS server in Plesk 12.5.30 ? If yes, please provide me with the steps or the link which explains the setup process.

Could you please clarify a little bit - do you mean two MS DNS servers on the one Plesk server?

Could you please clarify a little bit - do you mean two MS DNS servers on the one Plesk server?
No, I understand that by default plesk server will act as a primary DNS server, which i have configured with Microsoft DNS. I need to configure Microsoft DNS as secondary/slave DNS in plesk panel. I couldn't find a way to do that.

Please let me know if you need further details.

Thanks for the suggestion. This links works if i need to change the DNS for a particular domain. But in my case, i want the domains to have Microsoft DNS as primary and secondary DNS by default when created.

For example, i can achieve the above if i use " Bind " as primary DNS from " tools & settings --> server components --> DNS server --> BIND DNS Server " and for Bind secondary/slave DNS server i can use " extensions --> Slave DNS Manager " to set up the slave bind server.

Please let me know if the below is possible.

I'm trying to use my plesk server as primary DNS server ( tools & settings --> server components --> DNS server --> Microsoft DNS Server ) and another non-plesk windows server 2008 R2 as a secondary/Slave DNS server ( This i don't know how ).

Back