• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5.30 Update 21 Killed Plesk Admin

Bob McKay

New Pleskian
Hi,

Got up this morning to find all our websites offline - I did a reboot of the server which brought our websites up but the Plesk panel is dead so we can't admin. anything, we just get the following error:

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
Fatal error
: Unknown: Failed opening required 'auth.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in Unknown on line 0

We I have tried running this command to reinstall patches/updates as advised by Igor here but no luck:

%plesk_dir%\admin\bin>ai.exe --select-product-id panel --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

I have tried running the repair tool in the configurator but again, no luck.

Finally, this KB item recommends running the following command, which I didn't complete as it appears to want to completely reinstall Plesk and warns that it should only be done on a clean install:

"%plesk_bin%\ai.exe" --console

Any ideas!?

Bob

Have you tried to use repair.exe utility for repairing Plesk installation. Run it with --help option for more detail.

Unfortunately I just get errors when I run that, all of which seem related to the main problem I'm having (since the update, Plesk seems to think PHP is installed at C:\php):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin>repair --help

PHP: syntax error, unexpected '(' in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\conf\php.ini on line 26
Failed loading C:\Program Files
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_fileinfo.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_aps_php.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_gd2.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_psakey.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_plesk_util.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_lock_manager.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_xsl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_openssl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_imap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\php_curl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0

Strange location for php. I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team for recovering your damaged Plesk directly on your server.

Thanks IgorG, yep that's what I feared. Its amazing how many times I've had to do that over the years, each one caused by a bad update and I have to pay to get it fixed.

It seems to me that initially Plesk was not correctly installed with unusual location of important components and after that this Plesk was updated to next version many times. Am I right?
It would be better to install new server with latest Plesk version and migrate old server to this new for preventing these post-upgrade issues.

Hi Igor,

This was a standard install of Plesk 11 by a Parallels Partner (softlayer) so only upgraded from 11 to 12.5 - I really don't think that should be this much of a problem to be honest. It's easy to say 'migrate to new server' but we have 100 websites on there of all different flavors (ASP.NET, Classic ASP, WordPress, etc.) and the chances of the migrate tool working properly with all of these is unlikely. Not to mention the fact that we have to pay for two servers while we do the migration and we have to update the DNS records of over 100 domain names!

I see. Thank you for explanation. But it is really unusual behaviour with upgrade procedure. Therefore investigation initial reason directly on your server by experienced Plesk supporters would be better solution.

I get this error as well; the php.ini files do not contain quotation marks around file paths such as
zend_extension=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\modules\php_opcache.dll
...and php gets confused around the windows (x86) portion of the path name. They need to be
zend_extension="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\modules\php_opcache.dll"
...but the install/repair overwrites.
How can this be fixed??

...to further explain, I believe php will therefore then go to some kind of default configuration (c:\php\...) when it cannot correctly read the php.ini settings because of the lack of quotation marks around paths that have () in them...

Back