• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 broke Postfix!

fearz

Regular Pleskian
Since the upgrade my clients can't send emails,

I tried installing qmail then reinstalling postfix back, but it won't work, tried to re-fresh all configurations by the mchk --with-spam and still...

it is related to SASL2

I get:

warning: unknown[197.36.29.144]: SASL DIGEST-MD5 authentication failed: authentication failure
Nov 28 13:46:18 earth postfix/smtpd[31078]: warning: SASL authentication failure: cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file or directory
Nov 28 13:46:18 earth postfix/smtpd[31078]: warning: unknown[197.36.29.144]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed: generic failure
Nov 28 13:46:18 earth postfix/smtpd[31078]: lost connection after AUTH from unknown[197.36.29.144]
Nov 28 13:46:18 earth postfix/smtpd[31078]: disconnect from unknown[197.36.29.144]
Nov 28 15:46:41 earth postfix/smtpd[31105]: warning: database /etc/postfix/access.db is older than source file /etc/postfix/access
Nov 28 15:46:46 earth postfix/smtpd[31105]: connect from unknown[193.189.117.148]

Can you please help?

When I re-install postfix, this is the output:

root@earth:/etc/sasl2# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component postfix
File downloading products.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading plesk.inf3: 16%..24%..32%..44%..51%..64%..71%..80%..91%..100% was finished.
File downloading ppsmbe.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading sitebuilder.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading sso.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading setemplates.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading pp-sitebuilder.inf3: 16%..21%..39%..56%..65%..73%..89%..100% was finished.
File downloading billing.inf3: 16%..21%..38%..54%..65%..81%..98%..100% was finished.
File downloading mysql.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading apache.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading nginx.inf3: 60%..80%..100% was finished.
File downloading php56.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading php55.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading php54.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading php53.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading php52.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading pmm.inf3: 100% was finished.
Checking for installed packages...
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/plesk-12.5.30-cos5-i386.inf3: 18%..24%..43%..61%..74%..85%..100% was finished.
Downloading extension catalog feed...
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/plesk-patches-12.5.30-cos5-i386.inf3: 11%..28%..34%..42%..51%..62%..70%..81%..93%..100% was finished.
File downloading SITEBUILDER_12.5.29/sitebuilder-12.5.29-rhall-all.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading BILLING_12.5.29/billing-12.5.29-rhall-all.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading MYSQL_5.5.46/mysql-5.5.46-rhel5-i386.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading NGINX_1.9.4/nginx-1.9.4-cos5-i386.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading PMM_0.1.10/pmm-0.1.10-cos5-i386.inf3: 100% was finished.
gpg-pubkey-914bdf7e-55c05220 gpg(Plesk Team <[email protected]>)
gpg-pubkey-1aa78495-3eb24301 gpg(Dries Verachtert <[email protected]>)
gpg-pubkey-5ebd2744-418ffac9 gpg(Atomic Rocket Turtle <[email protected]>)
gpg-pubkey-6b8d79e6-3f49313d gpg(Dag Wieers (Dag Apt Repository v1.0) <[email protected]>)
gpg-pubkey-e42d547b-3960bdf1 gpg(Matthias Saou (Thias) <[email protected]>)
gpg-pubkey-4520afa9-50ab914c gpg(Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>)
gpg-pubkey-e8562897-459f07a4 gpg(CentOS-5 Key (CentOS 5 Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>)
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* addons: mirror.sov.uk.goscomb.net
* atomic: mirror1.34sp.com
* base: centos.hyve.com
* extras: mirrors.coreix.net
* rpmforge: www.mirrorservice.org
* updates: mirror.sov.uk.goscomb.net

Detecting installed product components.
Gathering information about installed license key...
plesk-mail-pc-driver-12.5.30-cos5.build1205150908.14.i386 from PLESK_12_5_30-dist has depsolving problems
--> plesk-mail-pc-driver conflicts with psa-qmail
plesk-mail-pc-driver-12.5.30-cos5.build1205150908.14.i386 from PLESK_12_5_30-dist has depsolving problems
--> plesk-mail-pc-driver conflicts with psa-qmail-rblsmtpd
plesk-mail-qc-driver-12.5.30-cos5.build1205150908.14.i386 from installed has depsolving problems
--> plesk-mail-qc-driver conflicts with plesk-mail-pc-driver
--> plesk-mail-pc-driver conflicts with plesk-mail-qc-driver
Attempt to remove 'psa-qmail' to resolve conflict has succeeded
Attempt to remove 'psa-qmail-rblsmtpd' to resolve conflict has succeeded
Attempt to remove 'plesk-mail-qc-driver' to resolve conflict has succeeded
Attempt to remove 'plesk-mail-qc-driver' to resolve conflict has succeeded
+ plesk-mail-pc-driver
- plesk-mail-qc-driver
- psa-qmail
- psa-qmail-rblsmtpd
The following components will be removed because they conflicts with the components you selected to install or require components you selected to remove:Qmail (qmail)
Following amount of diskpace required in directories:
/usr/local: 1800.00 Mb.
Total required: 1800.00 Mb, available 11700.00 Mb.

Installing packages
plesk-mail-pc-driver-12.5.30-cos5.build1205150908.14.i38 | 2.8 MB 00:00
Running rpm_check_debug
^[[A^[[A^[[A^[[A^[[AInstalling: plesk-mail-pc-driver-12.5.30-cos5.build1205150908.14.i386 [1/4]
Erasing: plesk-mail-qc-driver [2/4]
Erasing: psa-qmail [3/4]
Erasing: psa-qmail-rblsmtpd [4/4]

Congratulations!
All stages of the installation/upgrade have been finished.
psa is now running on your system.
To complete the system configuration process, please proceed to URL:

Use 'root' and '<YOUR root PASSWORD>' as login name and password in case of fresh installation.
Use 'admin' and '<YOUR admin PASSWORD>' as login name and password in case of upgrade,
or if Plesk is already configured.

Further, use the following commands to start and stop the system:
/etc/init.d/psa start and
/etc/init.d/psa stop respectively.

***** installing problem report *****
ERROR while trying to create directory
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.5.30_installation.log), fix and try again
STOP plesk-mail-pc-driver-12.5.30-cos5.build1205150908.14 installing AT Fri Nov 27 23:14:57 EET 2015: PROBLEMS FOUND
STOP Bootstrapper 12.5.30 perform-deferred-actions AT Fri Nov 27 23:24:18 EET 2015: OK
STOP Bootstrapper 12.5.30 perform-deferred-actions AT Sat Nov 28 14:43:21 EET 2015: OK
The changes were applied successfully.

root@earth:/etc/sasl2# cat /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf
pwcheck_method: auxprop saslauthd
auxprop_plugin: plesk
saslauthd_path: /var/spool/postfix/private/plesk_saslauthd
mech_list: DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN
sql_engine: intentionally disabled
log_level: 4
root@earth:/etc/sasl2# cat /etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf
pwcheck_method: auxprop saslauthd
auxprop_plugin: plesk
saslauthd_path: /var/spool/postfix/private/plesk_saslauthd
mech_list: DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN
sql_engine: intentionally disabled
log_level: 4
root@earth:/etc/sasl2#

root@earth:/etc/sasl2# ll /var/spool/postfix/private/plesk_saslauthd
srw-rw-rw- 1 postfix postfix 0 Nov 28 15:45 /var/spool/postfix/private/plesk_saslauthd
root@earth:/etc/sasl2#

@fearz

A simple tip and work-around: use the command line installer and

a) change postfix installation to qmail, and

b) afterwards, change qmail installation to postfix (again),

and your problem is very likely to be resolved.

This is an old, but effective work-around for many mail related issues: postfix is simply re-initiated and that shoudl result in a proper installation and working of postfix.

If any issues still occur, then there is something really bad happening.

Try the work-around first....

Kind regards.....

I already tried that several times with no use...thats why i shared the output results for when i changed to postfix back from qmail.

@fearz

A simple tip and work-around: use the command line installer and

a) change postfix installation to qmail, and

b) afterwards, change qmail installation to postfix (again),

and your problem is very likely to be resolved.

This is an old, but effective work-around for many mail related issues: postfix is simply re-initiated and that shoudl result in a proper installation and working of postfix.

If any issues still occur, then there is something really bad happening.

Try the work-around first....

Kind regards.....

Also after installation:

send-mail: fatal: execvp /usr/sbin/postdrop: Permission denied

root@earth:/var/www/vhosts/itekhost.com# ll /usr/sbin/postdrop
-r-xr-s--- 1 root postdrop 209996 Jul 20 12:37 /usr/sbin/postdrop

Fearz,
In such cases, there are no off-shelf answers except to investigate deeper the cause.
Error logs can be of great help in such cases ...

NB: Please ensure you don't have SendMail MT installed, usually if this is so, then a conflict with Postfix can occur ..
Otherwise, when you attempt to send email, what is the exact error you get? and when one sends you email, does it bounce back or just silently doesn't get delivered?

Well, thats what i'm trying to do here..

How to ensure that SendMail MT is installed or not?

When I send an email it says error authentication as if the username & password are incorrect, no body is able to send any emails.

I can receive fine.

Qmail works fine when switched to it, but a big problem is that Qmail is sending from an IP that is totally blocked, an di tried several KB / articles which helps how to change outgoing default qmail IP with no success.

So i'm stuck with postfix and i have to fix it.

@fearz

You are right, I did not read the entire issue/output.

However, that does not change my answer: instead of running "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component postfix", you should just run the command ""/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller" and go through the menu´s manually.

There is a small chance that "--select-release-current" is an issue and the manual installer process simply gives you a view of what Plesk version is installed.

In general, there should be nothing else than Plesk version 12.5.30 (and the manual installer process helps to identify easily that you are not having a development version).

Furthermore, it can be the case that your Centos 5 (am I correct) Plesk packages are not entirely up-to-date.

If the manual reinstall of postfix does not work (with the autoinstaller), then you should to turn to manually installation of Plesk and other packages (with yum).

In the latter case, you can try to (first) upgrade the CentOs server, i.e. update all server packages (and retry with the autoinstaller) and (second) install the relevant Plesk packages (for mail servers) for CentOS 6 or 7, with the disadvantage that you are probably not able to use the autoinstaller anymore.

Anyway, consider to upgrade the server, since CentOs 5 (again, I can be mistaken) is a little bit old.

Regards.....

@fearz

You stated:

Qmail works fine when switched to it, but a big problem is that Qmail is sending from an IP that is totally blocked, an di tried several KB / articles which helps how to change outgoing default qmail IP with no success.

So i'm stuck with postfix and i have to fix it.

Why not using qmail, if it works?

Just get an additional IP and assign it to the server AND contact all DNSBL, in order to deblock your (old) IP.

It is as simple as that....

By the way, this type of relevant information should be posted earlier (instead of lengthy output), since it offers us more possibilities to suggest one or more solutions.

Regards....

I already have an additional IP, just can't get qmail to use it and not use the default one!

@fearz

You stated:

Why not using qmail, if it works?

Just get an additional IP and assign it to the server AND contact all DNSBL, in order to deblock your (old) IP.

It is as simple as that....

By the way, this type of relevant information should be posted earlier (instead of lengthy output), since it offers us more possibilities to suggest one or more solutions.

Regards....

@fearz

You are right, I did not read the entire issue/output.

However, that does not change my answer: instead of running "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component postfix", you should just run the command ""/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller" and go through the menu´s manually.

There is a small chance that "--select-release-current" is an issue and the manual installer process simply gives you a view of what Plesk version is installed.

In general, there should be nothing else than Plesk version 12.5.30 (and the manual installer process helps to identify easily that you are not having a development version).

Furthermore, it can be the case that your Centos 5 (am I correct) Plesk packages are not entirely up-to-date.

If the manual reinstall of postfix does not work (with the autoinstaller), then you should to turn to manually installation of Plesk and other packages (with yum).

In the latter case, you can try to (first) upgrade the CentOs server, i.e. update all server packages (and retry with the autoinstaller) and (second) install the relevant Plesk packages (for mail servers) for CentOS 6 or 7, with the disadvantage that you are probably not able to use the autoinstaller anymore.

Anyway, consider to upgrade the server, since CentOs 5 (again, I can be mistaken) is a little bit old.

Regards.....
Yes Centos 5...

Tried without --stable-release-current ... same result

Something is wrong with SASL2 during the installation for some reason...if you check the first log files i provided..

Hi fearz,

For your error:

warning: database /etc/postfix/access.db is older than source file /etc/postfix/access
You could use the commands:
Code:
cd /etc/postfix
postmap /etc/postfix/access
postmap /etc/postfix/relocated
postmap /etc/postfix/canonical
postmap /etc/postfix/virtual

warning: SASL authentication failure: cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file or directory
Please post as well your "/etc/postfix/main.cf" for further investigations.
Note, that Plesk stores as well previous configuration files at "/var/lib/plesk/cfgmon/". You might want to compare your old postfix configuration files "master.cf" and "main.cf" with the actual ones at "/etc/postfix/" for investigations.

ERROR while trying to create directory
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.5.30_installation.log), fix and try again
STOP plesk-mail-pc-driver-12.5.30-cos5.build1205150908.14 installing AT Fri Nov 27 23:14:57 EET 2015: PROBLEMS FOUND

STOP Bootstrapper 12.5.30 perform-deferred-actions AT Fri Nov 27 23:24:18 EET 2015: OK
STOP Bootstrapper 12.5.30 perform-deferred-actions AT Sat Nov 28 14:43:21 EET 2015: OK
Please check your errors at "/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.5.30_installation.log" and retry as suggested!
When changing from qmail to postfix, this "error" will always appear, because postfix uses "plesk-mail-pc-driver" and not plesk-mail-qc-driver, psa-qmail and psa-qmail-rblsmtpd.

Since Plesk version 12.5, there are some new Plesk self repair options available.

Note that each repair option may have additional options, which are as well described at the documentation!
Please post additional log - files from a repair procedure, so that investigations are easier ( /var/log/plesk/ ).

Please reply with your efforts and let us know possible errors as well, so that we are able to suggest different solutions and work-arounds. Apart from all, there is absolute nothing wrong to choose postfix OR qmail. Both services are supported with Plesk 12.5 and we will try to help you. In addition, there is as well nothing wrong, if you choose CentOS 5. Again, this is a Plesk - supported operating system and we will try to help you in case of any issues/problems/failures. The Plesk packages for CentOS 5 are updated / patched in the very same way, as packages for CentOS 6 or 7.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response,

Here is my main.cf:

root@earth:/etc/postfix# cat /etc/postfix/main.cf
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix

command_directory = /usr/sbin
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
mail_owner = postfix

myhostname = mail.*.com

mydomain = mail.*.com

myorigin = $myhostname
inet_interfaces = all

mydestination = localhost.$mydomain, localhost, localhost.localdomain
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550

alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
debug_peer_level = 4

debugger_command =

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

xxgdb $daemon_directory/$process_name $process_id & sleep 5

sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix

newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases.postfix

mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix

setgid_group = postdrop

html_directory = no

manpage_directory = /usr/share/man

sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.11.5/samples

readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.11.5/README_FILES

virtual_mailbox_domains = $virtual_mailbox_maps, hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual_domains

virtual_alias_maps = $virtual_maps, hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual

virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/vmailbox

transport_maps = hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/transport

smtpd_tls_security_level = may

smtpd_use_tls = yes

smtp_tls_security_level = may

smtp_use_tls = no

smtp_enforce_tls = no

smtpd_timeout = 3600s

smtpd_proxy_timeout = 3600s

mynetworks = , 127.0.0.0/8, [::1]/128, 12.226.154.81/32, 67.231.154.164/32

smtpd_sender_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/access, check_sender_access hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/blacklists, permit_sasl_authenticated

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination

smtp_send_xforward_command = yes

smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8 [::1]/128

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination

virtual_mailbox_base = /var/qmail/mailnames

virtual_uid_maps = static:110

virtual_gid_maps = static:31

virtual_transport = plesk_virtual

plesk_virtual_destination_recipient_limit = 1

smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org, reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org

mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1

inet_protocols = all

disable_vrfy_command = yes

smtpd_banner = $myhostname *

strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes

invalid_hostname_reject_code = 554

multi_recipient_bounce_reject_code = 554

non_fqdn_reject_code = 554

relay_domains_reject_code = 554

unknown_address_reject_code = 554

unknown_client_reject_code = 554

unknown_hostname_reject_code = 554

#unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 554

unknown_relay_recipient_reject_code = 554

#unknown_sender_reject_code = 554

unknown_virtual_alias_reject_code = 554

unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code = 554

#unverified_recipient_reject_code = 554

#unverified_sender_reject_code = 554

notify_classes = software

smtpd_tls_key_file = $smtpd_tls_cert_file

smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem

#smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/*.pem

smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/ssl/*.crt

smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/ssl/*.pem

#smtp_bind_address = 109.203.107.208

smtp_host_lookup = native,dns

message_size_limit = 307200000

virtual_mailbox_limit = 0

mailbox_size_limit = 0

broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes

#disable_dns_lookups = yes

bounce_template_file = /etc/postfix/bounce.cf

smtpd_sender_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/access, check_sender_access hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/blacklists, permit_sasl_authenticated

#reject_unauth_destination = hash:/etc/postfix/access

#smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem

data_directory = /var/lib/postfix

smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:12768 inet:127.0.0.1:12345

non_smtpd_milters =

sender_dependent_default_transport_maps = hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/sdd_transport_maps

smtpd_tls_mandatory_protocols = TLSv1

smtpd_tls_protocols = TLSv1

smtpd_tls_ciphers = medium

smtpd_tls_mandatory_ciphers = medium

tls_medium_cipherlist = HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5

milter_connect_macros = j {daemon_name} {client_connections} {client_addr} {client_ptr} v

milter_default_action = accept

The plesk Repair Utility will not fix my file not found SASL2...thats whats needs to be fixed....

The logfile doesn't contain anything informative.

Here is whats in the logfile:

*** Product perform-deferred-actions started.

===> Checking for previous installation ... found.

Trying to register service xinetd... done

Trying to execute mail_restore to synchronize mail server settings and Plesk Database... ==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok

==> Checking for: mail_handlers_init... ok

==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok

==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok

==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok

==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok

==> Checking for: mail_kav8_restore... ok

==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok

==> Checking for: mail_imap_restore... ok

==> Checking for: mail_grey_restore... ok

==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok

==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok

==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... ok

==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... ok

==> Checking for: mail_outgoing_restore... START -- installing AT Sat Nov 28 17:03:42 EET 2015

ok

==> Checking for: mail_transport_restore... Trying to install sendmail wrapper... shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

done

**** Package scriptlet completed successfully.

STOP -- installing AT Sat Nov 28 17:03:42 EET 2015

ok

==> Checking for: mail_spam_restore... ok

Trying to resolve hostname 'earth.*.com' and validate its IP address... done

Hi fearz,

did you campare your old "master.cf" and "main.cf" with your current one? ( locations: "/var/lib/plesk/cfgmon/" and "/etc/postfix/" ) ?
Did you notice changes between the old and current configuration files? If "Yes", which one?

Please post as well your "/etc/postfix/master.cf".

Do you use SELinux? And if "Yes", did you try to disable SELinux during installation / upgrade / repair - procedures?

Please use as well "plesk repair all -y" ( without SELinux disabled, if possiblel! ).

Did you retry the changing from postfix to qmail and backwards to postfix after the suggestions:
You could use the commands:
Code:
cd /etc/postfix
postmap /etc/postfix/access
postmap /etc/postfix/relocated
postmap /etc/postfix/canonical
postmap /etc/postfix/virtual

Did you retry the changing from postfix to qmail and backwards to postfix without SELinux enabled?

Which postfix version are you using?
Code:
rpm -q package-name

OR

rpm -qa | grep package-name

Very straqnge result my friend...

For some reason I tried to change the default smtp 587 on my outlook settings to 25 and everything worked.

So now 587 doesn't work whenever chosen i get the username and password prompt and won't get past this point although the username and password is correct.

On logs I get the SASL error in my firts post which tries to fetch a file but it can't (Nosuch file or dicrecotyr)

So thats what I did to fix the problem:

edit /etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf

and comment this line:

#saslauthd_path: /var/spool/postfix/private/plesk_saslauthd

Now everything works...

I also changed from dovecot to courier...

It's also worth to mention that i'm not using Selinux, its disabled and the upgrade also was applied with Selinux was disabled.

I would still want to know whats this error and why it happened are there any other solutions?

@fearz

Really, go back to basics.

First, isolate your issue, instead of creating new ones (with a lot of repairs and/or re-installations and/or combinations of mail server setups).

For instance:
I also changed from dovecot to courier...

This is very likely to be a large part of your issue, but not your original issue. This means: you had one issue and the dovecot > courier change aggravated the whole set of problems.

Second, your SASL issues are not the major problem.

In essence, it can be expected that your "old" CentOS 5 is the root cause of the problem, in the sense that some of the Plesk 12.5.30 packages are not that adequate.

UFHH01 already gave a hint: inspect the difference between the old and new files.

The above "solution" is more or less the same as advicing "revert to old settings, without having to install individual packages".

If the "old settings" do not work, just do something completely else:

- do a manual installation of packages,
- use another solution.

Finally, having the information (at last) that you use courier (instead of the more common and better dovecot), the option "install individual packages" can be discarded now.

It is very likely that your mail server setup is completely messed up, i.e. "reparation" is too late.

This requires that some elaborate work-around is more meaningful and efficient.

A simple hint to resolve the issue on your system (CentOs):

a) rent a VPS and move (read: copy) all mailcontent to that server, just to be safe (use a command line tool to automate this procedure, for instance, use larch)

b) install or re-install qmail WITH dovecot, use the autoinstaller command line tool

c) if the autoinstaller command line tool does not resolve dependencies:

- try to install packages individually, i.e. packages from Plesk repositories (and you can try packages from both the Plesk 12.0.18 and 12.5.30 release)
- resolve dependencies manually (yum is great for this purpose, do not forget to update first)
- optional (preferred, but should not be necessary): activate EPEL

and if your maildata gets compromised in the whole process, just copy it back (from the newly rented VPS).

In short, time to get your hands dirty.

However, you could consider one additional option: give some more output, I am pretty sure that UFHH01 can help you with specific issues related to CentOS.

Regards

Back