• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 / CentOs7 / WP auto-update

Alban Staehli

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
I switched on WP auto-update on multiple wordpress installations, but it seems those installations remain not updated.
I need to go in the plesk panel and start the update manually.
Do I have to add a task to the scheduled tasks to enable the auto-update of WP installation?
Thx for your advice.

Hi, me again: how come no one (including Odin support team) did answer to this question?
Let me know if it's not clear.
Thx for your help.

Do you have ticket id? I will check processing and escalate if necessary.

No, I don't. By Odin Support Team, I meant you and other people from Odin on this forum.
If I need to open a support ticket for such issue, please let me know.
Usually, we receive excellent advice/tips on this forum and it's not required to go through the support process.

By Odin Support Team, I meant you and other people from Odin on this forum.
Forum is not support helpdesk and we are not support team. Here is Plesk community. If nobody from community can't help with your question - use official Plesk support.

Hi IgorG,

Thx for this information.
I'll check by myself then, and in the worst case I'll request help from the support.

Meanwhile, is there any log files to look at showing the status of the WordPress Toolkit automatic update?
I checked the complete Plesk 12.5 documentation, but I can't find this information.

Me again, I think I understood something that was not really clear: the WordPress auto-update flag in the WordPress Toolkit is simply enabling WordPress automatic update on specific installation. Am I right?
Meaning it's like following this documentation http://codex.wordpress.org/Disabling_Automatic_Background_Updates and enabling auto-update?
Therefore, the auto-update action still depends on WordPress installation itself and is not managed by Plesk.
Thx for your feedback.

Back