• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 Missing features from 12.0

Scott.B

Basic Pleskian
So I just upgraded to Plesk 12.5.30 from 12.0.18 and noticed a few features were missing.

They are:
  • Ability to hide domain aliases in domain listing
  • Backup Manager - Add Prefix to the Backup file name
  • Ability to open up phpMyAdmin from Database Server under tools and settings so that I could work on any database across all subscriptions/domains without having to open them up individually
These are just a few things missing that I've come across. What else was removed and is there any plans to bring these options back?

Hi Scott.B,

• Ability to hide domain aliases in domain listing
I miss these options as well! :(

Ability to open up phpMyAdmin from Database Server under tools and settings so that I could work on any database across all subscriptions/domains without having to open them up individually

This option is available for the users with admin - rights:

Home > Tools & Settings > Database Servers

Screen_Database_phpMyAdmin_as_admin_001.jpg

There are a number of reasons. The length of the paths to store backups is limited on Windows, complication of the structure due to the introduction of incremental backups, simplify backup representation in UI (after increments appeared, file names do not become human readable).
Support of prefixes makes life very difficult due to these reasons, and the rotation of backups based on prefixes in general has become a puzzle.
So we went to a small degradation, which may be solved elementary by user - putting backups in its own subdirectories.

Thank you all for your replies.

For backup prefixes I understand the reasons, too bad because prefixes on backups helped made sense of what backup was what. Since we can't add prefixes any more may they should at least have better naming convention now, at least before when doing backups at domain level it put the domain name in the file name, now it doesn't even do that anymore.

For phpMyAdmin at database server level thank you for showing me where it was. I was so used to going the old way which was clicking on localhost then database tab and then web admin. This new way I actually like as it is a lot quicker to access now.

For the domain listing and using search to filter is a nice option, but too bad it doesn't keep it, the old way when you clicked on hide domain aliases it kept the setting, now I have to do the filter each time.

All in all like any update comes improvments and pitfalls. It is just a matter of getting used to things that once were are no more.

Back