• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 RTM is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

custer

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce that Plesk 12.5 (formerly 12.1) is now officially out and available for installation! To browse the list of new features, latest supported OSes and components, refer to Plesk 12.5 Release Notes: http://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/current/whats-new/

To install Plesk 12.5:
1. Download Plesk Installer for Linux OSes here: http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer
2. Make sure Early Adopter release tier is visible to you (if you cannot see it, use --all-versions option)
3. Run Plesk Installer and install Plesk 12.5

To upgrade to Plesk 12.5:
1. Make sure you're on Early Adopters release tier (Tools & Settings > Update & Upgrade Settings)
2. Run Plesk Installer (Tools & Settings > Updates & Upgrades)
3. Upgrade to Plesk 12.5.

Refer to Deployment Guide for more information about installing and upgrading your Plesk installations: http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/deployment-guide/get-started/

UPD: Plesk 12.5 for Linux demo server: https://webhost-lin.demo.plesk.com:...n_name=admin&passwd=panel&&login_locale=en-US

We want to thank everyone who installed Plesk 12.1 and 12.5 previews, found and reported issues, participated in surveys and provided your feedback. Your input was invaluable and we're looking forward to hearing from you again. :)

We would also like to hear your opinion about Plesk 12.5, especially if you're deploying it on production servers - please let us know what are your favorite features in this release and what would you like to see in the next Plesk version. Don't forget that we have Uservoice for feature voting.

If you encounter issues in Plesk 12.5, please use the following thread for guidance on how to efficiently report them so they can be identified and addressed quickly: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/impor...lution-for-the-existing-issue-question.334123 (Thanks to @UFHH01 for his tremendous help with this guidance).

There are more exciting announcements related to Plesk 12.5 that we're planning to share with you soon - stay tuned!

Last edited:
Hello, I'm trying to upgrade from Version 12.5.29 to 12.5.30 and got the following error:

Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check...
WARNING: IP address registered in Plesk is invalid or broken: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Please help!

Best regards,
H S

Hello, I'm trying to upgrade from Version 12.5.29 to 12.5.30 and got the following error:

Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check...
WARNING: IP address registered in Plesk is invalid or broken: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Please help!

Best regards,
H S
The reported IP address registered in Plesk does not exist on the server. To repair the issue you need to add IP address back to the system.

The following error has occurred and the upgrade stopped:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
apache2-mpm-event : Depends: apache2 (= 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.5) but 2.4.16-3+deb.sury.org~trusty+1 is to be installed

Hi Liwindo,

The following error has occurred and the upgrade stopped:

unfortunately, the apache2-dependencies are set to the stable, official vendor's versions on Ubuntu's servers, so you might consider to downgrade to your apache2 - vendor's version first, continue/finish the Plesk-upgrade and re-upgrade to "Ondřej Surý"'s apache - version again afterwards.

I tried to autoinstall. Got a long error list (this is just the final part):
Trying other mirror.
rpmforge/filelists_db 10% [=- ] 0.0 B/s | 255 kB --:-- ETA rpmforge/filelists_db 23% [===- ] 496 kB/s | 562 kB 00:03 ETA rpmforge/filelists_db 35% [===== ] 519 kB/s | 833 kB 00:02 ETA rpmforge/filelists_db 47% [======= ] 542 kB/s | 1.1 MB 00:02 ETA rpmforge/filelists_db 56% [========- ] 549 kB/s | 1.3 MB 00:01 ETA rpmforge/filelists_db 66% [========== ] 559 kB/s | 1.5 MB 00:01 ETA rpmforge/filelists_db 76% [=========== ] 566 kB/s | 1.7 MB 00:00 ETA rpmforge/filelists_db 82% [============ ] 559 kB/s | 1.9 MB 00:00 ETA rpmforge/filelists_db 91% [=============- ] 568 kB/s | 2.1 MB 00:00 ETA rpmforge/filelists_db | 2.3 MB 00:03
http://repoforge.ip-connect.vn.ua/redhat/el6/en/x86_64/rpmforge/repodata/filelists.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
NoMoreMirrorsRepoError: failure: repodata/filelists.sqlite.bz2 from rpmforge: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

My server:
CPU GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630L 0 @ 2.00GHz
Version Plesk v12.0.18_build1200140606.15 os_CentOS 6
OS CentOS 6.7 (Final)

What's wrong?

I tried to autoinstall. Got a long error list (this is just the final part):
What's wrong?

Those errors have nothing to do with Plesk. Your server is having trouble with the rpmforge repo you have enabled. Currently I've upgraded a few systems to Plesk 12.5. Everything looks good. Congrats to the Plesk team for putting out such a great release. The new incremental backups,database tools, and UI are pretty sweet.

I really like the new interface and am starting to use 12.5 for windows today! I will report any issues I see or run into. One thing I was really excited about and waiting on was the integration of external DNS in 12.5 for windows. It's listed in the change log but I cannot find it anywhere under the extension catalog. Any ideas? Having the ability to use external DNS servers really makes a big difference when you have multiple Plesk servers and want to use the same set of name servers. FYI, not talking about route 53 but bind slaves.

Thanks!

T

FYI - This micro-update has new version of proFTPd. If you had any custom code in your
/etc/proftpd.conf file, then you will need to add it back in. ;)

Hello,

Amazon Route 53 is available both for Linux and Windows: https://ext.plesk.com/packages/ed1860ee-45c5-4e2b-b6b7-44e5da69dca5-route53

Maybe your provider blacklisted this extension? You can try to download the extension from the URL above and try to install it manually in the UI.

Thanks for the reply vlikhtanskiy but I see route 53. What I need is the 'Slave DNS Manager' not route 53. The changelog for windows 12.5 Plesk shows it's there but I cannot see it anywhere. Do I need to install this manually?

Thanks,

Tony

Hello;

I would like to host like 6 sites and i want them to use my company NS which is the main site instead of each sites having its own NS

Thanks for the reply vlikhtanskiy but I see route 53. What I need is the 'Slave DNS Manager' not route 53. The changelog for windows 12.5 Plesk shows it's there but I cannot see it anywhere. Do I need to install this manually?

Thanks,

Tony

Slave DNS Manager for Windows is now only in development phase and possibly will be released a bit later. Right now Slave DNS Manager is availabe in extensions catalog only for Linux.

Igor,

The server has only two IPs:eek:ne IPV4 and one IPV6!!!
The only site on the server use IPV4 and the report is about IPV4.

I run:
[root@xxxx ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
[root@xxxx ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-server

And the problem still persist. I think is a bug when IPV6 is present on the Panel and I can't remove it.

The reported IP address registered in Plesk does not exist on the server. To repair the issue you need to add IP address back to the system.

Hi HoracioS,

please have a look at another Plesk CLI utility:

/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --help

As you can see, you have several options, using it:
Code:
Usage: ipmanage command [options]

Available commands:
    --create or -c     <IP>            Creates the specified IP address.
    --update or -u     <IP>            Updates the specified IP address.
    --remove or -r     <IP>            Deletes the specified IP address.
    --reread                           Rereads the IP addresses.
    --help or -h                       Displays this help page.
    --ip_list or -l                    Displays the list of IP addresses.
    --ssl_list or -s                   Displays the list of available SSL
                                       certificates.
    --inter_list or -f                 Displays the list of available
                                       interfaces.
    --xml-info or -xi                  Displays the list of IP addresses in
                                       XML format.
    --reset_ssl_certificate            Sets the default SSL certificate for
                                       all IP addresses.
    --auto-remap-ip-addresses <true|false>
                                       Defines whether to perform the
                                       automatic mapping of IP addresses on
                                       Plesk startup. Use the option in cases
                                       when the registered IP addresses are
                                       changed (for example, when cloning a
                                       VPS with Plesk).

Available options:
    -type      <shared|exclusive>      IP address type (required for
                                       creation).
    -ssl_certificate   <name>          SSL certificate name.
    -mask              <MASK>          Subnet mask.
    -interface         <dev>           Interface name.
    -public_ip         <IP>            Public IP address.

Plesk provides as well a very nice and all - including dosumentation for CLI - commands:

Slave DNS Manager for Windows is now only in development phase and possibly will be released a bit later. Right now Slave DNS Manager is availabe in extensions catalog only for Linux.

Thanks for clarification. I'd suggest you guys remove that from the changelog as it's kind of misleading! If you need anyone to test it on Windows 12.5 let me know. I'd be happy to.

Thanks!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back