• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk 12.5 SSH in Browser

Fruw

New Pleskian
Hey guys,
i have Virtual Machine running Plesk version 12.5.30 Update #47 on ‪Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬

I want to access the SSH Terminal via Plesk in the browser the option for the system user is set
Access to the server over SSH: /bin/bash [i tried /bin/sh and /bin/bash(chrooted) too]

everytime i only see this screen:

Secure Shell Terminal
Secure Shell Terminal
(a small Black stripe here)​

(Cancel button)

any idea what the problem is??

Hi Fruw,

this feature works only if you didn't update JAVA on your computer the last two and a half years and if you configured your browser to use "low security", when it comes to JAVA applets - in short: This Plesk feature doesn't work with latest browsers and latest Java - updates. Pls use a "real" ssh - client, as for example "putty" ( => http://www.putty.org/ ).

if future doesn't support java applets, can we remove those feature, but i saw some other guys implemented nice in browser ssh client and it all work great, you dont need to use putty or any other ssh client to login.. @plesk can you guys consider this as an improvement or drop this feature. but my suggestion is we need that feature. if you can implement this, i think it would be killer feature.

As far as I know, we are going to replace SSHTerm applet with HTML5 implementation in the one of next Plesk versions.
There are some licensing problems with original SSHTerm and at the moment, we can't fix it on our side. Therefore, the decision about rewriting to HTML5 or something else was taken.

Hi Fruw,

this feature works only if you didn't update JAVA on your computer the last two and a half years and if you configured your browser to use "low security", when it comes to JAVA applets - in short: This Plesk feature doesn't work with latest browsers and latest Java - updates. Pls use a "real" ssh - client, as for example "putty" ( => http://www.putty.org/ ).

Thank you for your answer, wouldn't it be better to disable this feature or at least put a note under the non opening terminal when you try to?

if future doesn't support java applets, can we remove those feature, but i saw some other guys implemented nice in browser ssh client and it all work great, you don't need to use putty or any other ssh client to login.. @plesk can you guys consider this as an improvement or drop this feature. but my suggestion is we need that feature. if you can implement this, i think it would be killer feature.

Yes Yashi that's exactly what i was thinking about ^^

As far as I know, we are going to replace SSHTerm applet with HTML5 implementation in the one of next Plesk versions.
There are some licensing problems with original SSHTerm and at the moment, we can't fix it on our side. Therefore, the decision about rewriting to HTML5 or something else was taken.

hmm sounds like a plan. any schedule for this?? =)
Of course i know it´t not really necessary but it would be really nice if you just need to run some commands quick and you are already in your browser, rather than starting putty logging etc...

Hi Fruw,

wouldn't it be better to disable this feature or at least put a note under the non opening terminal when you try to?
Sure, this could prevent asking for a current solution, how to solve the issue, when JAVA and browser(s) are up-to-date.... but, on the other hand, the feature works as expected with old browsers and non-updated JAVA, so basically it's not a plesk-based issue, it's a user - based issue. Due to the fact, that the feature is being rewritten, it would be odd to implement "if" - statements, checking JAVA and browser - compatibility, with possible messages, that the feature will not work as expected with the user-based environment. ;)
My personal opinion is: Let's wait for the update/upgrade for this feature and try to use my client suggestion above, as long as you wait for the update/upgrade for your Plesk version. :D

Thank you ..

Back