• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk 12.5 upgrade synchronization

galaxy

Regular Pleskian
I've been testing/practicing doing a 12.0 to 12.5 upgrade using plesk-migration.
I've worked out most of the warnings/errors (some will be fixed after the migration like missing SSL certs).

The process takes almost 24hrs so far (I haven't had a totally successful run yet). Of course, I can't take the running production system offline that long.

Can the process be re-run multiple times to re-synchronize the data since the initial copy takes so long? That includes database, email, and web directories. Being that mail and web applications continue to run updating those locations during the first pass. As long as the second pass does this somewhat quickly and I can disable traffic on the old server during the second pass. Then enable traffic to the new server after the second pass completes.

Well, I guess I found an answer, which isn't in the 12.5 documentation. Its in the 12.0 documentation.

Essentially you run:

plesk-migrator copy-content

which does web. mail and database. Alternatively you can do them individually with:

plesk-migrator copy-web-content
plesk-migrator copy-mail-content
plesk-migrator copy-db-content

So not sure how to mark my own "Question" as "Resolved".

So not sure how to mark my own "Question" as "Resolved".

DNWYPjsDQi.gif

Back