• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 12: Update phpMyAdmin to latest version

xxx

Basic Pleskian
Hello together.

I run Plesk 12.0.18 Update #60 on a Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS server. This includes also phpMyAdmin 4.4.9.
Because of an error in phpMyAdmin version I have to run an update to phpMaAdmin 4.4.13.1 but have no idea how to do it on/with Plesk.

I downloaded the latest installation package from phpMyAdmin website. I extracted the package and copied the files to /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin.
Hoped this will overwrite only the basic files. But, after I logged in I get an error when I try to get access to phpMyAdmin. So I copied my backup and the older version runs again.

The question is, which file do I have to edit or to copy from the older version to run the new phpMyAdmin on Plesk?
Or, is there any whitepaper I can follow to do the update?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Back