• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk 17.0.17 update#41: FTP error: 425 Unable to build data connection: Permission denied

hmoviat

New Pleskian
For some strange reason I cannot use FTP anymore.

After working with FTP and connecting several times it suddenly gives me "425 Unable to build data connection: Permission denied". Moving on to the next PC the same thing happens after 30 minutes or so.

I've tried Windows 7 and Windows 10 workstations. The same PC's give no problems connecting to a Plesk 11.0.9 Update #64 after theproblem arises. Even a reboot does not work (server and PC). Once it produces the FTP error 425 it keeps appearing.

Regards, Hans

I was having this problem with several websites hosted on Plesk using Filezilla for ftp. I installed the firewall extension in Plesk (onyx 17.5.3) and set it to only allow my IP address access and applied the script. This made no difference.

On FileZilla I was using plain ftp and "active" transfer and tried every variation of these to no avail.

However, when I reset the ftp permissions on Plesk firewall to "allow all", i.e. not just my IP, and applied the changes, everything started working again. I have precisely no idea why this worked, but it did and I thought I would share as it was driving me nuts!

Back