• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 17.8 RTM has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

korsar

Administrator
Staff member
We are glad to announce that Plesk 17.8 RTM has been published and it is available now!

Who will see the new version as an available upgrade option?

• People, who have Plesk Onyx 17.8 Preview installed
  • And people, who have “Early Adopters” selected in their “Tools & Settings -> Update & Upgrade Settings”
Release Notes
How to install

The 2 got switched around in the original post.

Also, I was going to post about this earlier today, that while running plesk installer, I already saw the option to install 17.8.11 :)

Well, it the publishing process takes a time, we can do announce only when all components of RTM are published :) Builds, Online guide, Release Notes, What's New, Upgrade Notes, FAQ.

Hello,

The Upgrade via Webpage is not working. I see the Upgrade notice. I go via Upgrade, select the new version and on the next screen all Modules are green so no Upgrade is possible. Any Idea?

If you want to be an early adopter, and want to deal with the courier installation error as shown in the comment above (even if you don't install courier), then yes, I guess. My honest opinion is to wait until they have 'fine tuned' the release.

alright thanks

Hello,

The Upgrade via Webpage is not working. I see the Upgrade notice. I go via Upgrade, select the new version and on the next screen all Modules are green so no Upgrade is possible. Any Idea?
Björn, you should have the settings Tools & Settings -> Updates & Upgrades Settings (see on the screenshot) set to "Early adopter release" to use Web Installer opening it right from Plesk Panel, or you should run it in command line with option --tier current (as it was mentioned in initial post). It's RTM release, 17.8 will appear as available upgrade w/o additional tricks after GA release (Grand Aavailble will be one month later). This time gap is needed for partners to be prepared and other marketing stuff to make buzz.

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 15.43.58.png

If you want to be an early adopter, and want to deal with the courier installation error as shown in the comment above (even if you don't install courier), then yes, I guess. My honest opinion is to wait until they have 'fine tuned' the release.

@MitchellvB995 yes, you are right - this is for Early Adopters, that's why to install or upgrade to it we require an additional option '--tier current' for explicit decision.
As for SSL cert related issue - yes, this bug is in progress already and will a fix be issued with next Micro-Update, you could see that 17.8.11 already has MU#1 :)

@Kingsley this build is for Early adopters, so to use it you should make a decision balanced on your own opinion regarding new value vs. potential risks. You can also keep an eye on changelog to see what bugs are fixed. Plesk engineering team is focused now on stabilizing the release. That's why big thank @MitchellvB995 for the feedback.

@MitchellvB995 yes, you are right - this is for Early Adopters, that's why to install or upgrade to it we require an additional option '--tier current' for explicit decision.
As for SSL cert related issue - yes, this bug is in progress already and will a fix be issued with next Micro-Update, you could see that 17.8.11 already has MU#1 :)

[...]

@korsar Is there already an ETA for this update? I want to set-up my new VPS without any error messages.

I am very satisfied with the presence of Plesk 17.8 RTM my work easier and I am more excited in working. hopefully everyone can feel my pleasure this. thanks to all developers

What is the default tier, when no option is present?
We noticed, that executing plesk installer with --select-release-latest and without giving a tier-option, it installs/upgrades to 17.8.11.

The normal release tier is 'General Release'. If I am correct Plesk 17.8 should only be an Early Adopter Release, but when executing only 'sh plesk-installer' also gives you the option to install Plesk 17.8, so I don't really know...

Schermafdruk 2018-03-13 16.30.52.png

I have the option Early adopter release checked but I don't have the option to update from 17.5.3 to 17.8.1. Does anyone know what might be the reason?
Plesk Onyx 17.5.png Plesk Onyx Update.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back