• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 6.5.2 to Plesk 7 migration failure

P

paulwilson159

We tried to migrate out Plesk 6.5.2 setup to Plesk 7 last week. The process appeared to be running smoothly until the last item - "restore control panel configuration". At this point the migrator threw up the warning:

"Error 800170d3 COM error: library or media pool must be empty..........."

After retrying a few times, the system aborted, leaving me with a dead Plesk setup.

I then removed Plesk 7, reinstalled the 6.5.2 version and restored from a backup - back to square one.

Has anyone else encountered this error in their migrations? The only non-standard item we have done is to use IIS 6 to bypass a couple of the plesk sites to solve the non_ssl issue for ASP pages.........

Right, just tried taking a backup over to a reserve server and then migrating to version 7.

Result? Another disaster.

Plesk, do you have a list of possible problems and resolutions for the migrator?
- I find the lack of information regarding this program to be totally unacceptable. I am fed up with COM errors and AutoAdminLogin failures - please shed some light on this.

Back