• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.3 upgrade Mysql4

S

sermad

Hi there.

I know this has been covered alot on the forums but its scattered over lots of threads that are not that clear. Could anyone please directly point me to a breakdown of exactly I upgrade my Plesk installation (7.5.3) to use mySQL 4.

I'm pretty familiar with yum. Cheers!

Go to my website, add the [atomic] channel, run "yum update" :p Or if you want to narrow it down to just mysql, "yum update mysql"

I just reinstalled my CentOS 3.4.
It's happened due to my attempt to istall MySQL 4.x on already good running Plesk7.5.3 and MySQL 3.2.xxx
I tried to upgrade MySQL and ended with troubles that it did not wanted to start...

... there were multiple dependancies ...

Then I decided to take away it and install back 3.2.xx Then Plesk complained (psa module), tried to reinstall psa module and uncertainty just increased like snow ball...

It seems that Plesk is heavy tighted with MySQL versions and different libraries...
I decided to save time, to pay for OS reinstallation to my provider and start from the scratch

and before I continue to install Plesk again, I would like to ask you how do I continue now:

1. I install Plesk 7.5.3 with current MySQL and then upgrade MySQL to 4.0.X using your yum channel as you advise :"yum update mysql"

or

2. first upgrade MySQL to version 4.x and then try to install Pleask

Which way have you tried yourself or sure will work?
I am afraid that in first case the Plesk will not be installed properly or not installed at all and in the second case something in Plesk environment will stop to work...

Thanks!

Yep, /packages is my raw build tree. I wouldnt recommend installing anything out of there unless you know what youre doing

Back