• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.4 installation on Fedora Core 3

R

Role

This week I installed Fedora Core 3 on my server. Now I tried to install Plesk 7.5.4 and it worked, but today the apache service could not be started anymore. I read some articles about this subject and it seems httpd is the devil.

I decided to take no risks and (tried to) reinstalled Plesk. However, while installing this error made the installation to an end.

Trying to stop MySQL server... done
Trying to start MySQL server... done
Trying to establish test connection... ^G^G
ERROR while trying to establish test connection
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_7.5.4_FedoraCore_3_build75050824.12_installing.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %pre(psa-7.5.4-fc3.build75050824.12.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-7.5.4-fc3.build75050824.12
Unable to find product configuration file: /etc/psa/psa.conf
^G^G
ERROR while trying to Unable to get admin password
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/horde-3.0.5.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

When I saw this error I thought: let's check psa.conf in /etc/psa/. When I tried to look at it there wasn't a directory called psa created. How is this possible and what is the solution?

(Yes I have root access)

If the /etc/psa directory did not exist prior to your trying to reinstall Plesk, then that would be related to your original problem.

Directories should not just disappear on their own. Have you checked to make sure you were not rooted/hacked?

I believe that if the installer thinks that Plesk is already present during a (over the top) re-install, it may assume that the /etc/psa directory already exists, and tries to read the "current" config (which is not there). Obviously on a new install (on a fresh formatted HDD and OS install) it will not find an earlier install of Plesk and will therefore not try to read from /etc/psa, it will create the directory and write it's files.

My recommendations:

1. Check for hack/rooted signs.

2. Restore from a backup

If you really want to, you can try running the RPM installer file with --force option.

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
If the /etc/psa directory did not exist prior to your trying to reinstall Plesk, then that would be related to your original problem.

Directories should not just disappear on their own. Have you checked to make sure you were not rooted/hacked?

I believe that if the installer thinks that Plesk is already present during a (over the top) re-install, it may assume that the /etc/psa directory already exists, and tries to read the "current" config (which is not there). Obviously on a new install (on a fresh formatted HDD and OS install) it will not find an earlier install of Plesk and will therefore not try to read from /etc/psa, it will create the directory and write it's files.

My recommendations:

1. Check for hack/rooted signs.

2. Restore from a backup

If you really want to, you can try running the RPM installer file with --force option.

I have deinstalled Plesk like was told on this website. I have done all steps like sw-soft explain. I think it should be deinstalled then.

Never assume that 'de-installing' will actually delete or cleanup all directories, files, databases. Whether under *nix or Windows, most un-installs leave things behind on a system.

There are many threads on the forum dealing with un-installing, so it is left to the imagination which steps you actually did nor not.

I still recommend you check for hack/rooted signs unless you formatted the drive and re-installed/re-imaged the OS.

Back