1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 7.5.4 Login problem (auth.php3)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Seraph@, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Seraph@

Seraph@ Guest

Hi there,

I upgraded Plesk from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4. The upgrade process itself went fine, no errors.

The problem is, that I cannot login to the cp anymore. It gives me the following error:

"The file auth.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment."

My server is running inside a vps environment. Could this cause the problem?

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance

2. w3b1

w3b1 Guest

Hello,

I have the same problem
    after the Update from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4:

after the login I see that

Please Help me

3. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Have either of you checked all the details of the updater log (should be in /tmp). It will be pretty large, but you should check each line and make sure there were no errors, warnings, dependency problems, etc.

Actually, if you are running on a VPS, I thought it was recommended to upgrade by a server template instead of using the updater (thought I saw that in another post recently)

4. Seraph@

Seraph@ Guest

I think I found something:

"===> Installing /usr/sbin/suexec2 replacement
    Trying to backup original /usr/sbin/suexec2... done
    `/usr/local/psa/suexec/psa-suexec2' -> `/usr/sbin/suexec2'

WARNING!
    During the Shared object mod_suexec.so not found in /usr/lib/apache2. found some small problems
    Continue..."

That's the only warning in the log. Everything else went fine.

Concerning the upgrade by server template... Well, I read that searching for a solution for my problem. It would have been really nice mentioning this in the readme. :rolleyes:

Btw. Maybe it's helpful to know, that the server is running Suse 9.1.

5. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Yes, there are a great many things which would be nice if Plesk were to put in the Readme as well as clearly on their download page. I am still waiting for Novell to send me my 9.1 package so I can play around with Suse, I have always been a solid RH fan. So unfortunately, my ability to help further is at an end... :(

6. Seraph@

Seraph@ Guest

Thanks for trying. :)

7. viperxx

viperxx Guest

I am having the very same problem after performing an update through the plesk control panel. I need to fix this ASAP, I've tried everything I can think of, has anyone found a solution yet?

Thank you!

8. death

death Guest

9. death

death Guest

Check if you have the file:

ls -l /usr/lib/apache2/mod_suexec.so

Otherwise check if it's somewhere else installed:

find /usr/lib -name mod_suexec.so

If you found it, do a symlink from that location to /usr/lib/apache2:
    ln -sf /usr/lib/<whereeveritfoundit>/mod_suexec.so /usr/lib/apache2/.

Otherwise you maybe check your apache2 installation.

I'm not using SuSE, so I don't know which apache2 packages are installed. Try to find it out with rpm -qa | grep apache2

Hope this maybe helped

10. viperxx

viperxx Guest

That might fix it for the suse user. I checked mine and since I am using Fedora Core 1, and its in httpd instead of apache2, mine doesn't have that problem. I don't have any error messages in the auto update log in /tmp/

also:

[root@localhost modules]# locate mod_suexec.so
    /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_suexec.so
    [root@localhost modules]#

Although, I just noticed that instead of it saying [root@excalibur-hosting] like it did before the updates, it now says localhost?

11. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Because I like having the real disc(s) and stuff. Although I have mirrored the entire CentOS to one of my servers but still crave having a 'real' disc (did I mention I'm a bit mental?) LOL just kidding

12. jahsh420

jahsh420 Guest

anybody find the fix for this on Fedora Core 1:

The file auth.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

13. JamesB

JamesB Guest

Is this a VPS? If so, check /proc/user_beancounters. You are likely over your shmpages or other limit(s). Setting the shmpages to 12000:12000 and restarting Plesk seems to correct the issue. You may need to bug your host if you don't have access to the hardware node. If this isn't a VPS I have no clue :)

14. Mirco@

Mirco@ Basic Pleskian

53%
    Adding the following to your /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini should also do the trick:

[eaccelerator]
    eaccelerator.shm_size=4

(Don't forget to restart PSA)

15. jahsh420

jahsh420 Guest

you da man. it was the shmpages. thanks!!:D

16. Stromberg

Stromberg Guest

I have the same problem. I installed Plesk 8 in a Fedora Core 4 OpenVZ VPS.

But if I set shmpages to 12000:12000 I get "Cannot allocate memory" opening the Plesk Control Panel or using any commands on console.

EDIT: I fixed the problem.