• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Plesk 7.5.4 - SMTP Server randomly stops!

M

meat1oaf

Guest
This has happened about three times in the past 24 hours:

Clients will complain that they can check mail, but haven't received any (since a specific time). When I log into Plesk, I see that the SMTP server is OFF.

Any ideas why this might just start happening? I've upgraded to 7.5.4 about 3 weeks ago - haven't done anything since.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
And also check to make sure none of your drive partitions have run low on space. And if you have the Plesk Watchdog module installed, get rid of it. Some have also had problems with Dr Web messing with Qmail smtp
 
Hasn't Watchdog been fixed yet? I've had it disabled because of this problem.
 
The only watchdog fix I've seen is related to it crashing spamassassin. AFAIK we're all still waiting for them to fix all other watchdog problems. I personally don't use their watchdog, (or firewall module). There are better things out there, free too!
 
OMG! I forgot! I installed Watchdog right after the 7.5.4 upgrade! Removing now!
 
I've been getting the same problem with my smtp server!

Anyone recommend an alternative to watchguard.. I like the idea of having a server monitor!


Thanks
 
1. SIM - free

2. 4PSA - Server Assistant (reasonable fee)
 
Back
Top