• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.5 Domain Problem

S

Shojaee

Hi all,

I'm facing a strange problem in my Plesk installation.

I'm unsing 7.5.5 on Windows 2003 Web Edition. I've created a domain using Plesk but,

- Microsoft Frontpage 2003 can not open the site. The error message is "The folder isn't accessible blah blah blah". I've double checked that "Microsoft Frontpage support" and "Remote Microsoft Frontpage authoring" are enabled.

- Locally (at the server) I'm seeing "Domain Default Page" which is normal, but remotely (from another computer) I'm seeing "Default Plesk Page". What's wrong with it? DNS resolves correclty, everything seems normal but I can't see correct page.

- "Site Preview" displays the page correctly.

- "FP Web Admin" displays "The page can not be found" error.

- If I enable "SSL support" and "Frontpage over SSL" options, I don't have any problem.

I've used reconfigurator to check the permissions. It didn't find any problem. Also I've checked the settings in IIS manager. It looks normal.

Any ideas?

We've just had a similar problem with a client. They are intermitently reporting that they are getting the default server page instead of their site. I got them to ping and it went to the correct adress. After that it seemed to work again so maybe it needed a new DNS lookup. The customer had the issue on 3 computers on their network so I don't think it is just one PC doing this.

As I understand it for Apache to show the defulat Plesk page instead of their site it requires their dns to send thew browser to look for x.com at x.x.x.2 instead of x.x.x.1. I do beleieve our customer may have been setup with us previously with another IP address so somewhere along the line someone is reporting the old IP address to their DNS. This would have been over 10 months ago though. Any one have any ideas.

Shojee did you change your customers IP address recently?

Back