1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 7.5 database crash... Restore old database?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by coh_hl, May 25, 2005.

1. coh_hl

coh_hl Guest

Hello,

We have a very serious problem.

Everything started with that PHP and MySQL didn't work... There was a dynamic value that Plesk didn't change that caused the crash...

We tried to upgrade plesk yesterday ( 24th of May) to the latest version, but it wasn't sucessfull.

Now the plesk database is currupt and we cannot access Plesk. There is a error message in the Web browser when we try to reach Plesk... Now we have turned off Plesk so I can't give you the error messages, but I know it's the database causing the problem (the Planet told us).

We have psa dumps from 14th of april. Do they content the Plesk database? How do I extract it ? Can you please describe what command will use? Maybe I can extract all files to a temporary folder and then copy the database back.

Thank you very much in advance.

2. ThE-KinG

ThE-KinG Guest

I am not expert but you can try to restore psa database with the code below.

mysql -u admin -p `cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa < /path/to/database.sql

Good Luck.