• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5 Reloaded and MySQL 4.1

Re: MySQL 4.1 Upgrade for Plesk

If you are running osCommerce, then you have real problem, since osCommerce yet doesnt support 4.1.xx.
[/B]

This is so untrue. Please don't distribute this false information in order to promote your business. I'm currently running the included osCommerce with MySQL v4.1.12 on Plesk 7.5.4 and RHEL3.

If someone needs to run osCommerce on MYSLQ v4.1.1 or higher, there is a very easy way to do it. Just add old_password on the my.cnf file and restart mysql.

-D

Re: Re: MySQL 4.1 Upgrade for Plesk

Originally posted by dennysp
This is so untrue. Please don't distribute this false information in order to promote your business. I'm currently running the included osCommerce with MySQL v4.1.12 on Plesk 7.5.4 and RHEL3.

If someone needs to run osCommerce on MYSLQ v4.1.1 or higher, there is a very easy way to do it. Just add old_password on the my.cnf file and restart mysql.

-D

can the migration be painful ? any chances to break my databases ?

what is that old_password thingy ?

There's always a CHANCE it can break, so make a backup first. The old_password thing is just a compatability feature that allows MySQL3-style authentication for scripts, required for osCommerce I believe.

Out of interest, have you noticed any problems with any scripts on MySQL4.1, or are they quite happy with old_password switched on?

Back