• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5 to Plesk 8 - then restore backup file??

D

Dirky@

Hi,
today I have been batteling with 1&1! I have a root server with them, FC2 and Pleask 7.5, today it went down for some reason I have not been able to find out as yet.
They have re-imaged it with FC2 and 7.5 again!
I have an option to image it with FC4 and Pleask 8.

My problem is this.
I have a domain backup for my main domain, can I restore this domain to Plesk 8 without too much bother? Or should I stick to 7.5 ?

I also read these backups are encrypted and cannot be restored to another server, will I be ok with this seeing as how the server has been re-imaged?

Many thanks for any help!

Mike

You cannot restore Plesk 7.5* to 8.0

I got this response from the Support Team of Plesk:

Plesk 7.5 backups cannot be restored on Plesk 8. You can do one of these:
- restore them on another server with Plesk 7.5 installed and then migrate to Plesk 8.
- reimage the server to Plesk 7.5

Alexander Churikov via RT <>

Actually you can restore most backups successfully, but only via SSH.

Also, another alternative is to get a cheap root VPS for a month and use the PMM to migrate all your 7.x domains to the 8.x VPS and back to the dedi PSA8.

Good Luck ;)

Thanks guys. When you say via SSH, do I use the pleskrestore command? I think it was/is psarestore under 7.5 ?
thanks
D

Hello,
yes the via SSH the pleskrestore command.

PM me if you would like to restore a psa7.x backup and then migrate to your new psa8 machine at a reasonable price.

Back