• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7 broken on new Windows 2003 Standard Server.

A

alexf153

We just bought a new P4 3 GHz Windows 2k3 server with Plesk 7, EV1's "preferred" CP. It is broken from the get go.

Can't setup a domain. Failed because "AddPostOffice" failed.

When clicking on service management in "Server" section, it gives the following error:

WEB_Server_package parameter not defined in features list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.WebServerManager.php:194 psaerror()
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.ServiceControl.php:78 webservermanager->getwebserverpackage()
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.ServiceControl.php:253 servicecontrol->chkserviceobjects()
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.RestartServForm.php:75 servicecontrol->getservicename()
4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\server\restart_ser
vices.php:41 restartservform->assign()

Are there any tasks that need to be done when setting up a new windows server before even using Plesk. How about changing host name?

Anybody else have had this problem?

Hmmm

If I remember correctly ev1 just now started offering it for windows its probably a faulty setup on their end

Re: Hmmm

You're right. I did get it from EV1. I have had linux servers from them with Ensim and never had any poroblems at the beginning.

I posted here to see if someone could point me in the right direction. I hoping the Plesk gurus on Windows might have a clue why I get those errors.

Alex

Originally posted by ZeroServers
If I remember correctly ev1 just now started offering it for windows its probably a faulty setup on their end

hmm

Ya im a usual cpanel user i just went to plesk im only having one issue its a majjor one though hopefully i can get a resolutions so i dont have to switch it back

Yes, I'm also affected the same problem

I week back, I have purchaised one Win 2003 Server from EV1 with PLESK 7 and I'm also affected the same problem.

ie I can't add any NEW domains and the Service manager also some errors. I 've contacted the EV1 support team and they have reinstalled and now everything is working fine.

But my Control Panel some options are not enabled...

1. SpamAssassin
2. Application valt
3. Tomcat
4. Dr. Web Anti Virus

Why these 3 options are disabled ???? In PLESK site showing that these all options are FREE with all PLESK 7.

Anyone have any idea ?

Albert

Hello guys,

The easiest way to fix the whole problem is to Uninstall Plesk and download the executable installer file from Plesk's website and install it new. Then it should work everything just perfect.
Be sure to install MSSQL and Coldfusion (if you of course are planing to use it) before Plesk installation.

Regards,
Henry

Re: Yes, I'm also affected the same problem

Originally posted by albertsp
I week back, I have purchaised one Win 2003 Server from EV1 with PLESK 7 and I'm also affected the same problem.

ie I can't add any NEW domains and the Service manager also some errors. I 've contacted the EV1 support team and they have reinstalled and now everything is working fine.

But my Control Panel some options are not enabled...

1. SpamAssassin
2. Application valt
3. Tomcat
4. Dr. Web Anti Virus

Why these 3 options are disabled ???? In PLESK site showing that these all options are FREE with all PLESK 7.

Anyone have any idea ?

Albert

I was told that Dr. Web will not run on Windows.

Where did you see that those are free? I need them also!!

As far as I know, Dr. Web is not free! I had to pay for the license. Furthermore, it's not even available yet. On SWsoft website, it says that it should be available for Windows end of August or beginning of September. We are past these announced dates, but still no sign of Dr. Web for Windows.

SWsoft could at least have the courtesy to send an update on the status of this add-on release to those customers who have purchased and are waiting in the dark.

Gilles

Back