1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.0.1 say an update is available, but I have the latest build

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by links2world, Jun 23, 2006.

1. links2world

links2world Guest

Hi,

I am running Plesk 8.0.1 on RHEL4. After the upgrade from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1, every time I log in with the admin user, I get an message that updates are available. Furthermore, if I check the Updater in CP, I can see that there are base packages updates of Plesk available.

Now, the strange thing is that both my installed version and the updatex available have the same release date: June 13, 2006

Furthermore, if I check my rpm list of packages, I get the following:

So I have build 80060613.20, that is the latest available for RHEL4, as shown on this page:

http://www.swsoft.com/en/download/plesk/patches/

build 80060613.20: RPM only

The question is: if I have the latest build installed, why does Plesk say that updates are available?

Does anybody have any ideea?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

2. links2world

links2world Guest

Hi,

Something more strange: if I check the plesk version shown in the CP, I get the following:

But, the installed psa rpm package is build 80060613.20.

Regards,

3. links2world

links2world Guest

Okay, I checked a bit more, and I found the following:

So there is a hotfix package, and this is the reason why the Plesk version in the CP is shown as v8.0.1_build80060615.18

Based on this, I have also checked the following file:

for any hotfix packages, and this is what I found

So actually, there is a new hotfix1 package, build 80060618.11, and this is why in Updater, we see that there are updates available.

I think I will give the update a try during this night.

Regards,

4. links2world

links2world Guest

Hi,

I have updated my Plesk with latest hotfix, so now the version shown when I log in into CP is

However, I still have the following message just after login:

even if in Updater, everything is up to date.

Any ideea why this is hapening?

Regards,

5. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Silver Pleskian

80%