• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.0.1 to 8.1.1 Updater Problem

We have 2 identical 1&1 Plesk servers. The first updated fine. Then Plesk release the press release just before we did the 2nd server update. That is the one that is having all these problems. I for sure think something it down at Plesk's end.

Patience padowan.....we will prevail.

It is more than a problem with the SW-Soft server overload.

The updater link is only one of the problems.

We are currently reimaging one of our test boxes using 7.5.4; where we will run a full backup, then restore it with 8.1.1 upgrade, and then restore it (as the 8.1.1 release notes states the restore process will now work from the v.7.5.4 Plesk product.)

Forgive the silliness, but we are the force and shall prevail....

especially since we are the BETA teste(r)s for SW-Soft

B = because
E = everyone
T = tries
A = anything

T = to
E = ensure
S = some
T = technical
E = engineer
R = retains EMPLOYMENT

I have the same problem :(

Does anyone know a command that really works to stop the autoinstaller? The KB fix isn't a fix for it and restarting Plesk or the whole server doesn't help either. I need a command to stop the autoinstaller connecting (it's loading my server and generating some strange problems with qmail).

worst case:

at shell run: ps -ef

find the autoinstaller PID (1st column)

kill -9 XXXX (xxxx = PID)

1&1 Just replied to me.... (plesk have also escalated this to 2nd line support)

Thank you for contacting us.

As was mentioned in the forum thread you referenced, it appears that Plesk's autoinstaller.plesk.com server is down. This problem does appear to be universal, I have tested an upgrade on one of our own test servers and have seen the same results. Given some time the upgrade will fail on its own, I'd recommend leaving it for a day or so to let Plesk work out the problem with their server. I've opened a ticket with SW-Soft to look into this (though I imagine they are aware if the problem is as widespread as it appears).

If you want to force the autoinstaller job to terminate you can run from shell "killall -9 autoinstaller". I don't recommend this, however, as I'm not sure if problems will result if the autoinstaller does not terminate cleanly.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Now even the good server (the one that was updated earlier) is now showing the same error when you go to the updater page.

Who could have ever guessed there would be problems with a Plesk upgrade?

Woe is us... :))

Shooter Time! I have the Tequila, if anyone has the lemons, limes and salt.

I wanted to kill the autoinstaller process, but ...
autoinstaller: no process killed
There's just no autoinstaller process on my server (and yes, I typed it correct and I'm root) :D
Although I still have the problem ...

Not sure if this auto-updater running is screwing up the CP but both of my server CPs are running unusually slow.

Got both server CP's back up and thought I was OK as long as I didn't go to updater. WRONG. Both decided to freeze again and are now back down. I wish Plesk would enlighten us with what is going on and how to fix it.

Maybe they can't get online! :rolleyes:

Mostly that's because there's an automatic update check option that notifies you with a message on the desktop when there's a new version. I think that's causing it, with a normal user side login it works faster.

autoinstall.plesk.com is a little bit overloaded currently...

I do not recommend trying upgrade plesk right now.

Also it is not a good idea to click Updater in plesk panel, since it is trying to check possible updates at autoinstall.plesk.com

Originally posted by gorilych
autoinstall.plesk.com is a little bit overloaded currently...

I do not recommend trying upgrade plesk right now.

Also it is not a good idea to click Updater in plesk panel, since it is trying to check possible updates at autoinstall.plesk.com

We know, but we already did before the problem became known. So we try to solve it in this topic, we know about it already :D

For those who have problems in logging in to the panel:

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` psa -e "update misc set val='false' where param='autoinstaller_check_updates'"

of course hang because autoinstall server overload...
but you still have option to download patch...

thanks,

seems to be working ok now - just a case of servers being overloaded.

I downloaded the update ok but there seems to be a config issue on Media Temple (dv)3 servers.

Will leave that to them to sort out.

Back