1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.1 failed upgrade

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Bogdan, Jan 12, 2007.

  1. Bogdan

    Bogdan Guest

    0
     
    I have just attempted to upgrade Plesk from 7.6.1 to 8.1 on one of our servers. The upgrade finished without any problems, so I continued and installed PHP5 support my modifying the existing Plesk installation through Add/Remove programs and I also installed the latest Plesk hotfix (ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Autoupdate/plesk_8.1.0_update061226.10.msp), again without any errors.

    When I tried to log on to Plesk after all this, I had to select the default mail server (this was odd, since the other upgrades I did on other servers didn't asked for this). I picked MailEnable, and it threw this error:
    If I try to run mchk manually, I get this:
    I checked the domain_aliases table in the psa database and I got this:
    I also checked the same table on a server where I upgraded Plesk a few days ago without any problems and I got this:
    It's obvious that the table structure is different and that on the problematic server the table structure for domain_aliases was not upgraded to 8.1.

    I managed to get the Plesk Control Panel to work, and I also renamed all
    the C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Config\*.sav to
    C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Config\*.tab so my
    clients can login to their email accounts. However, I still can't create
    or manage domain aliases.

    Also, I cannot manage any mail settings.

    When I try to add an alias to an existing mail account:
    When I try to create a new mail account:
    So... what can I in this situation? Where do I find the logs for the Plesk upgrade? I'm really stuck here... and I really need URGENT help!

    I've already sent a ticket to SWsoft about this, but I'm not sure how fast they'll respond to this, especially that it's Friday.
     
  2. sergius

    sergius Golden Pleskian

    28
    57%
    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2005
    Messages:
    1,898
    Likes Received:
    0
    bogdan, see you. it will be fixed asap.
     
  3. Bogdan

    Bogdan Guest

    0
     
    Thanks! One of the SWsoft support engineers is already logged on the server and is attending this issue.
     
  4. Bogdan

    Bogdan Guest

    0
     
    OK... so the SWsoft engineer that was logged on the server looked through the server's Event Logs and then disconnected. After several hours of inactivity I decided to mail them again and ask for an update and I got this:

    Ok... so what now? Am I suppose to tell my clients "hey guys, I'm sorry, but no mails until (at LEAST) Monday".

    So... the current status:
    1. Clients can login to Plesk and mind their business except:
    - no mail management (which means no new domains, no deleting existing domains, no domain aliases)
    2. Clients can login to their email accounts through pop3 (webmail works too) and they can send mail, but if anything is sent to them it bounces back when I mail test@somedomain.com:
     
  5. eugenevdm

    eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

    30
    68%
    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2003
    Messages:
    611
    Likes Received:
    0
    Let me know when this problem is fixed, or give me a workaround so that I can carry on with adding aliases. I'm not worried about the MailEnable issue, but not being to add or edit aliases will soon become an administrative drag.
     
  6. Bogdan

    Bogdan Guest

    0
     
    eugenevdm,

    This has been fixed for my server by SWsoft, but I don't recommend contacting them, unless you're really desperate.

    It took them about 16 hours to fix the database structure, but the they did a mess with the data. I had several lines missing from the 'domains', 'dns_recs', 'data_bases' and 'dns_zone' and some lines were added from a 2 week old psa backup, which screwed everything. Needless to say I had to use the psa dump form the day before the upgrade to recover lost entries and to cross-reference new ones.

    I am really disappointed about SWsoft support next time this kind of problems happen, I'll try to fix them myself.
     
  7. DUKom2

    DUKom2 Guest

    0
     
    I am having the same problem. Support friggin hates me and never responds. Anyone have a clue how to fix this one?

    DUKom2
     
  8. Bogdan

    Bogdan Guest

    0
     
    I recommend you take a look at your psa's database structure and compare it the db structure of a fresh-installed server and add the missing columns. You may also need to populate a few columns with data and everything will have to be done manually.

    Don't forget to take a dump of the psa before everything!
     
  9. DUKom2

    DUKom2 Guest

    0
     
    Already fixed. Seems something weirded out on the plesk update after we changed the root administrator username. I changed it back to the default "Administrator", reconfigured and it was fine. Then back to new username for security.

    DUKom2

    PS- also the reconfigurator messes up the ME default server name and default postmaster address. FYI just have to change it manually.
     
Loading...