1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.1 Login Error Message

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Daniel Bailey, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Daniel Bailey

Daniel Bailey Guest

Hello,

I am new to Plesk, we have version 8.1 installed, and today I tried to log in to our server and got this from the login page:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
    DB query failed: Unknown error

0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:211
    db_query(string 'set names utf8')
    1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:585
    reconnect()
    2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:566
    db_connect()
    3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3:69

I have gone through the forums looking for something similar but to no avail. Is there anyone out there who has experienced this? I would just like to know how I can get back to the admin login page and from there actually into plesk to monitor our domains. Thank you for any help!

P.S. I am a web designer, not an admin, but unfortunately the person who set this up is not here and I am attempting to learn this stuff, so bear with me if I ask silly questions. Thanks,