1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.1 Support for Mac OS X Discontinued

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by dowNNshift, Aug 4, 2007.

1. dowNNshift

dowNNshift Guest

Does anyone know why SWSoft chose to End-of-Life support for the Mac OS X kernel of Plesk?

Granted, it was frustrating only being able to run it on an older PowerPC machine only -- why didn't they create a new Intel or Universal Binary kernel for 8.2?
    If they would have, I know I'd have SUS upgraded all of our servers in a heartbeat.

It's a shame... It was a great idea being able to run Plesk on argueably the best consumer OS on the market.

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Demand I suspect. Way back when, we had end of lifed Plesk on Slackware and Solaris due to lack of users.

It could also be licensing related, theres a veritable minefield to dance around on the commercial OS's when it comes to distributing software.