• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.3 and Smartermail 5... compatible?

E

extremeits

Does anyone know if Plesk 8.3 is compatible with Smartermail 5.0 or at least when it is likely to be?

I take it that the Plesk 8.3 recognises Smartermail 5 on the components page?

Guys can you please share expierence with us, did you meet any problem with account creation, spam filtering e.t.c?

John S.G.

I too would like more information about people's experiences with using Plesk 8.3 and Smartermail 5. I am desperate to upgrade my Smartermail 3 installation to improve spam filtering.

I found this post on the Smartermail forum:

I just upgraded from 4.3 to 5-it was seemless and went like clock work. I havent done anything on the plesk side, and under components it sees smartermail 4.3. I dont think I've suffered many issues, it adds and removes domains and users fine. I dont like the way plesk does aliases though, so frequently i forgo plesk control and use the smartermail interface to manage email. based on my experience, i would deem it "safe" with plesk 8.3.

http://www.smartertools.com/forums/t/17774.aspx

Looks like Plesk recognises the Smartermail version 5 as Smartermail version 4.3 but that might only be the case if you have Plesk working with a 4.3 installation before upgrade. Will be testing on development server tonight.

I am running SmarterMail 5.0 with Plesk 8.3 successfully. The only issue I have is syncronizing users between the two interfaces. When I enter a new email user within the Plesk control panel this user will also show up within the SmarterMail user list. When I enter a new user in the SmarterMail interface Plesk will not display the new user.

As I test I entered '[email protected]' into SmarterMail and the went to the plesk control panel. Plesk did not list the new user to I attempted to add '[email protected]' within the Plesk control panel and received the following message.

Error: Unable to update the mail name properties:mailmng failed: Can't create mail name.
Domain: <domain>.com [<domain>.com].
Mail name: test.
Reason:
Failed to add the user 'newuser@<domain>.com'. That name is already being used.

Plesk obviously can recognize that the email is there so how do I get it to list that user within Plesk. In the SmarterTools forum they state that it is a Plesk issue and SWSoft needs to resolve this. What can I do to get this to work?

Thank you,

Back