• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.3

Nothing have to do with FC7, we do not rely on any OS. If you fix config.inc.php as I mentioned, will work. If not, contact us again on support and we will try to fix it for you.

Ok lvalics, I "trust" your answer as you are the dev for PT. However, in the install sh it very clearly checks for the OS, and displays errors, reporting them on the ssh screen during install...none that where of big concern though...except the missing licdata.php file. I did send a request for help via your site...still no reply :( Might I suggest making a proper module packaged as a RPM...it would help the novices out there and make us experts happy too.

For now Im going to use a skeleton with vhost.conf and the appropriate susexec not suphp AddHandler's to sync the user permissions...I just don't like haveing to apply fixes to every domain, I have a few thousand. The PT solution, when working, is the short and easy answer to many of the Plesk native issues.

I contacted all the guys I had business cards for and bitched them out due to the lack of features in this based on what me and the community as a whole has asked for - I hope that hasnt made them pull it to put those features in, that could make it take longer to release....

As far as I tested, on some servers show me 8.3 (new OS) on older not, and I get a message in logs, PLESK 8.3 ... OS not supported
Now maybe also they pulled back, cannot confirm this.

ok ... I just upgraded my Debian 4.0 64bit from Plesk 8.2.1 to 8.3 without any problems. All worked just fine.

Back