1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.4.0 installer doesn't work

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by SvenCPaulsen, May 10, 2008.

1. SvenCPaulsen

SvenCPaulsen Guest

Hi there!

I've just completely smashed up my Plesk 8.3.0 installation while using apt to upgrade to 8.4.0 on my Debian box. The installation finished with a success message but Plesk won't start (Starting Plesk... failed.). Anyway... after some more testing I simply uninstalled all psa packages and tried to use the 8.4.0 installer. I got the following error message:

I've downloaded the x86_64 installer for Debian 4.0. Here's some info from /proc/version:

Any ideas how I can get Plesk 8.4.0 running asap?

Best regards
    Sven

2. SvenCPaulsen

SvenCPaulsen Guest

By editing the file /etc/debian_version I was able to use the Parallels installer to setup Plesk 8.4.0 on my server... but still the Plesk web server doesn't start.

3. dash

dash Regular Pleskian Staff Member

40%
    What Debian version do you use?
    apt-cache policy base-files ?

4. SvenCPaulsen

SvenCPaulsen Guest

As I've alteady stated above, I'm using Debian 4.1.1-21 with a 2.6.18-6-amd64 kernel. The file /etc/debian_version contained lenny/sid before I changed it to 4.0 to fool the installer.

I'm currently thinking about rolling back to Confixx. I never had problems like this while using it.

:(

I've just checked the file /var/log/syslog for errors and found this:

Any ideas from the Parallels support?

5. SvenCPaulsen

SvenCPaulsen Guest

Bump Bump...

6. meto

meto Guest

You could foul the installer but plesk wont starb becouse it uses separate apache, i think its still apache 1.x so you may need to check if you have requred libs for that version.

7. consuliere

consuliere Guest

as i see you are using intergenia so maybe ask the support there
    i m in the same trouble and i think this maybe depends on the packages on the intergenia server.
    I asked the support a few minutes ago and i m waiting now for reply

8. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

can you do an ptrace/strace or have httpsd do a core dump ? Im not terribly familiar with debian so my appologies if those dont work like they do on rhel/centos systems.

9. meto

meto Guest

intergenia makes mirror of debians repo for its customers - i use it and everything is fine