• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.4 -> 8.6: Websites stop working

P

progmatik

Please Help Me!

All my website stopped working. I get "Service Unavailable", but FTP and Email are still working.

Please Advise ASAP.

All Unknown CGI Extensions: Prohibited
Allunknown ISAPI Extensions Prohibited
Active Server Pages: Prohibited
ASP.NET v1.1.4322: Allowed
ASP.NET v2.0.50727: Allowed
FastCGI Handler: Allowed
FrontPage Server Extensions: Allowed
Frontpage Server Extension 2002: Allowed
Internet Data Connector: Prohibited
ISAPI_Rewrite3: Allowed
Perl Extensions: Allowed
PHP Extensions: Allowed
PHP5 Extension: Allowed
Plesk Extensions: Allowed
Python Extensions: Allowed
Server Side Includes: Prohibited
WebDAV: Prohibited

ISAPI_Rewrite3: Allowed

Please repair permissions as the following

1. run %plesk_bin%\Reconfigurator
2. select Check component and folder permissions
3. press Browse button
4. choose ISAPI_Rewrite3 installation folder
5. press Check button

Probably you will need to restart IIS.

Did all that and still the same.

But I finally found out that ISAPI_Rewrite http filter was the cause. Worked fine before the upgrade. I uninstalled it and re-installed it and it now works.

Thanks anyways.

Hiya Progmatik...
how'd you find out that it was the isapi_rewrite? Can you give some more info?
This happened to me in the past and I had to call upon Great Swsoft for help. After days
of explaining it, they fixed it, but never gave me any explaination of the reason.

I've had so many problems with Plesk this year that I'm just totally fed up with it.
I truly think the only way to keep Plesk CP / Sitebuilder stable is to be a software writer, know C++, or
something.

First, where is the ISAPI_Rewrite3?

Also, how do you uninstall it and reinstall it? I having the same problem with websites. Everything else works, FTP, etc... and it only started after the 8.6 upgade.

...the other problem I ran into with 8.6, after installing some COM componets I was using would no longer work (Persist Upload and JPEG). I had to manually change the permission settings back to what they should of been

*bump*

same issue

--

Upgrade from 8.4 to 8.6

After upgrade, websites display ' Service Unavailable '

FTP & EMail work fine

--

Hy, we have the same problem.

Where i found the isapi_rewrite Folder?

We have the same Problem, all Sites show "Service unavaible" when i reset the iis (iisreset.exe)
the sites work fine for a few minutes and then the failure come back again.

I search the full server of files for isapi_rewrite (httpd.ini, isapi_rewrite) and i don't found any isapi_rewrite files..

Any Ideas?

Some File and Folder permissions are getting changed when the update is done. It required me to manually change permissions to the isapi dll as well as all other COM objects I was using. Support told me that nothing was wrong with Plesk and permissions are only set by Plesks Security policies. If that is the case then they must of changed the security policies, as even running the reconfigurator will mess things up again. Never an issue in 8.4 or prior versions. I should of done a container backup before the update, and I would of forgot about the 8.6 update.

...it also screwed up some permission settings on a File Maker database I was using, so it looks like anything that is using some custom(non-standard) objects/drivers are getting messed up pretty could.

Hy, we have the same problem.

Where i found the isapi_rewrite Folder?
If you run the instal (msi) as default than this is the path:
C:\program files\helicon\ISAPI_Rewrite3

If you want to uninstal ISAPI_Rewrite3 you can do that in configuration "software"

Back