• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8 and PHP5.1.2 / Mysql 5.0.18

W

wwmedia

I have 3 dedicated servers, 2 of them have no control panels (well they had plesk and confixx once upon a time) because i manualy
compiled and installed Apache 2.0.55, PHP5.1.2 and Mysql5.0.18

Now im after purchasin a third Dedicated server, i upgraded Pleks to version 8 succesfully, this new server is fedora core 3

Basicaly the server has 2 ip adresses

im wondering whether i can compile newer version of apache to listen on the second IP address (plesk is only using one), also i want this apache on 2nd IP to use PHP5.1.2 (i can compile tham myslef) and install mysql 5 to listen on different port to mysql 4

basicaly one IP will have Plesk 8

the other one will have latest apache,php,mysql

would this cause any problems i wonder??

it should be possible,

but keep in mind that you wont be able to manage the server config for the other server via plesk.

this will also put extra strain on the server - so make sure you got the right hardware.

I've run both apache 2 (plesk) and 1 on the same box, even got both to run on port 80 (different ips) so its possible.

it should be possible,

thanks that put some confidence in me

ill start installing latter on the week

the reason i have to do this, is my other 2 php5 servers are very busy,

with the new server i want to cater for newbies with plesk8

and few advanced users want PHP5 so i want to have them on the second IP

so make sure you got the right hardware.
will a dual opteron do ;)

I guess a dual opteron will do :-D

that said, you do realize that you can run php5 within plesk 8, dont you?

you just need to remove php4, psa-php4-configurator and install php5 and psa-php5-configurator.

I was trying it earlier but didnt bother after I got the error that php4 was needed by psa8.0

which is kinda odd, since plesk 7.5.4. was a total rewrite and they said it was using php5, so why psa8 would need php4 - I dunno.

but if I ever figure it out, ill post it here :)

Back