• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8 and Typo3

D

Dawn

Hi,

I tried to install Typo3 4.0 together with plesk 8. There isn't any very good documentation for that and I don't know what rights user/usergroups do I have to set....

Is there anybody out there who managed to install Typo3 on a Plesk 8 server?

Greets and thanks,
Dawn

*grin* I have to laught a litte bit about your footer... ;)

But back to the topic: I read this documentation but it wasn't very usefull for me... I gave it up with it and used the INSTALL.TXT of the Source-TGZ File. But I can't find any detailed descriptions about the permissions...

Which user/group did you take as owner for the source-directory... and which usere/group did you take as owner for the dummy-directory...? Which permissions did you set exept the descriptions which are in the INSTALL.TXT described?

Thanks for the link :)

I got it to run but I had to chown the files/directories to root:www-data. And thats my problem...

I don't understand it. I tought su_php makes it possible that all php-files are executed under its owner/ownergroup. So I can't get why I have to chown them to www-data. It doesn't run with a chown to [ftpuser] psacln which is the standard I thought...

Can you explain me whats my fault?

Greets and thanks anyway,
Andy

chown = change owner
chmod = change mode

1) I suggest you delete all the typo3 files and directories (typo3-xxxx_src+dummy-website)
2) login as "domainowner" to a shell or "su domainowner" to work as the owner of your website (REMEMBER: avoid working as root!)
3) use "wget" to download the typo3 src and dummy-website
4) untar both archives as discribed in the tutorial
5) access your installation via webbrowser and start setting up the configuration

For the permissions
use
Code:
chmod 666 myspecialfile.php
or
Code:
chmod -R 666 mydirectory
The 666 is :
read & write for "owner" (first 6)
read & write for "group" (second 6)
read & write for "others" (third 6)

the "-R" is for recursive