• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8 for RH9?

Z

Zoke

I assume it's not compatible with RH9 since I don't see the patch/upgrade for it. Will it ever be available? I want to buy a new server soon and would like to export my current plesk domains to that server. Would it be possible to do this without being able to upgrade to Plesk 8? Or should I downgrade on my new server?

How is Plesk 8 compared to 7.5.4? Are people happy with their upgrade or should I keep using 7.5.4?

http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk8/reqs/ is pretty clear on on what operating systems Plesk 8 will run. No RH9 indeed. Also, Red Hat is no longer supporting RH9 and although the Fedora Legacy Project is still providing security updates for RH9, they will also stop doing that at the end of this year.

I'd get a new server with Plesk 7.5.4 and another OS (supported by Plesk 8) and migrate to that new server. Then you can always upgrade to Plesk 8 on that new server.

Back