• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8 Messing With Joomla

P

pangeles

I installed Plesk 8 onto my *nix machine over the weekend and come Monday morning, today, one of my websites that has Joomla as its CMS started redirecting to the now inaccessible Joomla install directory! Before the 8 upgrade, the website was fine.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and do you have a fix for it?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have been having all sorts of problems with mine since upgrading.
I have a heap of postnuke sites that were the same.
I found that for some reason (this is my case only) that all the services had not restarted properly. Also you might have to go into the plesk admin panel and turn safe mode off for that domain.

If you've been having the same nightmare i've been having i think i may be able to help you out.

The Joomla/Mambo problems are due to corrupt sessions or being unable to write to the "sessions" directory as specified in your php.ini file. You can get around this really easily using the .htaccess file in the joomla root. You need to add:

Code:
php_value session.save_path "/var/www/vhosts/<yourdomain>/httpdocs/<A DIRECTORY YOU CHOOSE>"

Dont forget to CHmod the directory to 777 and you should have Joomla working again.

Hope it works for you.

Tris

Fixed

I rebooted the server, after trying all the other more complicated solutions, and that did the trick.

The website is back up again.

However, I discovered another problem.... (See other thread re: Horde on Plesk8 Not Working)

Back