1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8 Messing With Joomla

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by pangeles, Apr 17, 2006.

  1. pangeles

    pangeles Guest

    0
     
    I installed Plesk 8 onto my *nix machine over the weekend and come Monday morning, today, one of my websites that has Joomla as its CMS started redirecting to the now inaccessible Joomla install directory! Before the 8 upgrade, the website was fine.

    Has anyone else encountered this problem and do you have a fix for it?

    Any help would be appreciated.
     
  2. RooMeat

    RooMeat Guest

    0
     
    I have been having all sorts of problems with mine since upgrading.
    I have a heap of postnuke sites that were the same.
    I found that for some reason (this is my case only) that all the services had not restarted properly. Also you might have to go into the plesk admin panel and turn safe mode off for that domain.
     
  3. TristanH

    TristanH Guest

    0
     
    If you've been having the same nightmare i've been having i think i may be able to help you out.

    The Joomla/Mambo problems are due to corrupt sessions or being unable to write to the "sessions" directory as specified in your php.ini file. You can get around this really easily using the .htaccess file in the joomla root. You need to add:

    Code:
    php_value session.save_path "/var/www/vhosts/<yourdomain>/httpdocs/<A DIRECTORY YOU CHOOSE>"
    Dont forget to CHmod the directory to 777 and you should have Joomla working again.

    Hope it works for you.

    Tris
     
  4. pangeles

    pangeles Guest

    0
     
    Fixed

    I rebooted the server, after trying all the other more complicated solutions, and that did the trick.

    The website is back up again.

    However, I discovered another problem.... (See other thread re: Horde on Plesk8 Not Working)
     
Loading...