• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.0 Backup Restore [ This file is not a valid backup file. ]

Found solution

Hello People.

As for me I got to this issue only now - moving clients plesk from 8.5 to newver server where Ive installed plesk 9.5.

I have 2 such clients and for one of them all worked fine and backup was successfully uploaded from first time to plesk 9.5 backup manager....

With second client I got messed with this ugly error - The converted backup file cannot be restored but reported as "Not a valid backup file" by Backup Manager....

I started to look for solution on web and found that there nothing helpful...

So I started to compare what differ between them.

So :
1.first was installed on server 2003 with on C:\ (all plesk files+inetpub were on C:\ only).
2.second one had 2 disks and plesk folders were on C: ,but inet pub+mailenable was on D:....

Started to look through files inside of .psa (renamed to .zip and viewed info.xml) ... nothing helpful ..

Then started to compare files that were "pre9back'ed up" and found something interesting:

For example if destination folder is regular :
C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backup
after performing pre9backup you will find in this dir 2 folders and 1 file :
".discovered"
"clients"
"converted_"backup name"_1212120416.xml"

inside of ".discovered" many strange files and another folder named - "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backup\.discovered\converted_info_1212120416"
now inside that folder on healthy server where backup was done with no errors i found 6 files , but in problematic one only 5....

Next here is list of what have to be there:
Filenames:
"GUID_0000-0000-0000-0000"
"objectid_admin"
"owner_0000-0000-0000-0000"
"ownertype_server"
"size_3652322" - number after "size_" directly connected to size of file located in plesk\backup -->>>> "converted_"backup name"_1212120416.xml" - (not size on disk but the upper number in bytes - just copy and rename this file).
"status_OK" -this was missing on problematic server - just coppied another file and renamed it to it...

Next we will go to another folder:
C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backup\clients\"clientname" - and we will find the same situation - again 2 folders and 1 file.....
go to :
C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backup\clients\"clientname"\.discovered\converted_"clientname"_info_1212120416
here lets do the same and edit "size_****" according to file size in previous folder....

*here no need to create file "status_ok"....

Now at this point .. its already 5:26 am and Ive spent whole day+night for this stupid solution, after restarting plesk services - went to backup manager - voule ---->>> its available for restore!!!!! :DDDD

NOw i can go sleep.

Hope helped someone.

Back