• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9 -> 10 and Billing/Business Manager Bundle issues

Z

ZacE

I have completed an upgrade of plesk panel & billing bundle from 9.5.3 to 10.0.1, proceeded to import existing customers that werent in the billing system through System Configuration > Server Groups.

1st issue arose when clicking the Sync all button, i receive a very unusual error, perhaps an artifact from the upgrade?
"Error Message : 'Invalid attribute name: Product::$product_addon_group_id' Error Report #4cff917a1f61b"

I also noticed that its not possible to delete the addon groups, possibly related (unable to locate where)?

After this, i click on the magnifying glass icon next to "Server: Plesk for Linux 1 / 200" to access the client imports, i continue to import a client, i notice there are two domains and it asks me to assign a subscription only once? So it looks as though it has assigned both domains the same subscription. I then click the checkboxes and Sync the domains but i receive this error:
"Error: The following errors occurred during sync the selected subscriptions: Failed to sync subscription #10: Failed to repair the subscription in panel #159: pleskunix: domain does not exist. Please resolve the problems manually and retry to sync again."

I dont understand how it can link but think that the domain does not exist? So at the moment the whole Business manager has been rendered useless for all existing clients.

On top of this, I decided to purchase a chat support incident, all paid for (Parallels could take a leaf out of hostgators books here), submitted the order number in my account followed by an email saying "successfully registered", SO i try all the numbers and licence keys i had in the chat support windows to no avail. I then noticed one of the support options in the dropdown didnt require a code and waited in the queue for 4 hours from 12am to 4am, which at the end simply seemed to stick on "0 in the queue". Good night to that!

I feel trapped in a corner when it comes to Plesk support its unbeleivable.

Rant over, thanks in advance to anyone who can assist.

I am also having this, problem and I can't find a fix or workaround anywhere online. Did you ever get past this?

Reinstall

After hours of work (about 1.5 months) I decided to cut my losses and created a new server, I am using the migration manager to bring some packages over in which case I will manually create all the customers and import the existing subscriptions to them so billing is once again working. Please be sure to backup all of your data.

I will say however, that I have seen improvement with Parallels support. Especially free upgrade assistance. You really do have to have some patience which can be out of the question should you have an urgent issue like 25+ domain fails. Oh well.

tech01,

Could you please provide me this support ticket ID? I would like to read how supporters have fixed your problem.

10 + Billing/Business Manager Bundle Upgrade Failed

IgorG

sure, try the following support id: #1055112

We really did give it one last shot but, it became even worse.

-Matt

Might you be able to tell me, the migration manager created panel customers/domains etc. It did not push anything into the customers under the Business Manager (aka Billing) listings... Can I simply create the new customers within Business Manager then import existing subscriptions? or is there an easier way to do this?

I am using a new server and I have been trying to migrate accounts from my plesk 9.5.x server to the new one with Plesk 10. The migration works great.

The problem actually occurs when you import the subscription into the Customer Business Manager (billing 7). Once you do this, the business manager cannot find the domain on the plesk server, even though in my case they are on the same server. I realise that some of the properties for the subscription are not populated when you import it into the business manager. I believe that is the problem.

I have been trying for over a month to fix this and I have not gotten anywhere atall.

Migrating

Yep just ran into that issue myself.... so I am thinking, I can precreate all the customers and domains normal on the new panel. Then migrate and tell the migration manager to import the data and use the current config settings?

Only problem. I cannot delete all the accounts :/ Parallels ... cpanel .... parallels .... cpanel ....Love the features but this is a broken system and causes me to have HOURS of work that needs to be fixed constantly.

Since 80% of my clients do not use control panel access (since I do it for them) it created me as a "Customer" and put all the domains under that.

To get around this I've had to do this

1. Create a new Customer with the client's info, but use a dummy domain name like test.com.
2. Log into the customer's real domain name and click to "Change Customer" and select the correct owner.
3. Delete the dummy domain/subscription.

Repeat with the next domain...

Arg.

Back