1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 9.2.3 Linux (FC5) PHP 5.1.6 to 5.2.x

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by MarkF, Nov 8, 2009.

1. MarkF

MarkF Guest

Hi,

I would like to know if upgrading from PHP 5.1.6 to PHP 5.2.x would be safe on a production server running FC5 and Plesk 9.2.3.

If I were to simply upgrade the RPMs to PHP 5.2 would this be ok?

Advice much appreciated, thanks.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Yes it can be safely upgraded. With yum for example or just find all php related packages and install updates with 'rpm -Uvh php*.rpm'

3. ndL

ndL Guest

please provide commands and whole HOW TO do it?

also please provide links for 'maybe' needed RPM files if the first one option wont work someway

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    You can find php related packages with

for example, then go to ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/rpms.famillecollet.com/fedora/5/remi/i386/ find packages for FC5 there, download and install it with

Not that it is just common way and some additional packages can be installed due to dependences resolving, etc.