• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.2.3 to 10.4.4 Migration Related Questions

Did you have an easy migration to Plesk 10?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O

OzerE123

Hello,

First, I'd like to provide my configurations. Both servers are on Godaddy.
Source server: Windows Server Standard without Hyper V Service Pack 2, Plesk: 9.2.3, Status: Accessible, Migration Agent: Downloaded from the 10.4.4 Panel and installed to source server.

Target Server: Windows R2 Standard Service Pack 1, Plesk:10.4.4, Status: Accessible.

Problems:
1) Migration ends successfully, all the domain information, e-mail accounts and e-mail transferred but the user accounts. I would have made it via FTP in 1 hours instead of 6 hours time. Tried to use famous http://kb.parallels.com/en/9679 but it always ends prematurely with Closing ZipArchive ./PMM-logs.zip failed: Can't open file: Permission denied wherever I try to run it as Administrator.

2) Can not find any way just to migrate server configuration including user accounts and domains. As this is the first time I'm using Plesk 10.4.4, I understand it has got nothing to do with the good old Plesk but something new. On the other hand, I am expecting Plesk's Migration Manager to handle this change by itself. So, I wonder is there any way to have PMM just get the configuration; i.e. user accounts, domains and e-mail configurations and define in 10.4.4.

3) Help videos related to migration show some interface like the 9.x version of Plesk with a left hand administration menu. How can I access it?

4) Anytime I login to system with admin account; I face the domain name I'm forced to register for admin. Is this the reason that PMM is not displaying users (that should have) migrated from the source server? Should I be logging into the Plesk from some other port and start migration from there? Really confused.

Thanks in advance.

Back