• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5.2 - Error: No migration agents found. Data migration is not available.

Jeff Knapp

New Pleskian
I am trying to go from a CentOS5 sever with Plesk 9.5.2 to another CentOS5 with Plesk 9.5.2 with the Migration Manager. I have syncronized both servers, made sure that the ports and firewalls are not causing any issues, made sure I have complete administrative access, removed and reinstalled migration manager and agents...I still get the same message. I have not been able to find anything in these forums or anywhere else online that helps. I have not been able to find anything in the logs that helps either. It just says that it has an exit code of 0.

Can anyone assist?

Reasons can be found in PMM logs from /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/

Allow SSH as Root

Believe it or not, what worked for us was enabling root login via SSH.
On the Source server, SSH in like normal, then follow these steps..

Edit the file:
# vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Change:
PermitRootLogin no
To:
PermitRootLogin yes

Comment out these two:
DenyGroups root
AllowUsers root
by adding a pound symbol in from (#)
#DenyGroups root
#AllowUsers root

Then restart your SSH server:
# /etc/init.d/sshd restart

Can't believe this hasn't been fixed. A simple su to root would have worked via their scripts.

Please reply back if this worked or not for you.

It worked

I changed the code as you instructed on the source server alone, but that did not do the trick for me. I did the same on the target server and everything worked fine. Thank you for your help. It sure would be nice if Plesk came with even a moderately difficult guide for Migration Manager, but their current guides are like reading Hebrew. Guess that's how they make their "support" money.

That't the ticket!

Seltron, you magnificent troubleshooter! Modified the source server and it worked. Thanks!

Error: No migration agents found. Data migration is not available.

I have followed as per your above instruction. But still i am having the same issue. Please help me sorted out.

I have followed your above instruction. But still i am getting the same issue. Please sorted out.

Yes, it works by the root. But will be good if it can be done by the usual not privileged user, as it was at 8.x plesk. Root using may be difficult at production servers. I've watched the migration*.log and don't saw something needs. My temporary solving of this problem is make migration by root, unfortunately.

Back