• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5.3 Database Backup Repository

U

ugurcane

Hello,
I have a problem on the Windows Plesk 9.5.3(it is working on the Win Server 2008 Ent x64), i could upload a sql server backup on plesk such as ".bak" file.
However when i click uploaded sql database then "Restore" option , so it couldn't restore the mine database.
Plesk panel, as you can see give below message.

"Warning: Database backup settings are not configured on the server"

How can i solve this problem or where i am doing wrong while working in the backup manager?

Thanks.

Usually message "Warning: Database backup settings are not configured on the server" related to blank 'Temporary network directory', 'Username' or 'Password' fields in database preferences.

Hi IgorG,

i have been set it as you wrote to me, but it didn't work correct.

i am receiving below error message.

Error: dbbackup failed: Unable to restore database 'testsqldb'
Cannot open backup device 'C:\plesksqlnetwork\sqlserver.site.com\kbisqldbtest1\SITEDB.bak'. Operating system error 3(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15100).
VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Can you give an example for "Temporary network directory" directory. What can i write to there for it path.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Administration Guide:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-administrators-guide/59428.htm

To configure backup settings for remote MS SQL Database Server:

1. Go to Home > Database Servers (in the Server group) and click the required remote MS SQL Database Server name.
2. Specify the temporary directory for remote MS SQL Database Server in the Temporary network directory field.

This directory can be located anywhere in your network and it is required for backing up and restoring MS SQL databases. This directory must be accessible over the network by both the Parallels Plesk Panel server and the MS SQL server: both Parallels Plesk Panel and the user that is running remote MS SQL Database Server must have read/write access to this directory.
3. Provide username and password required for accessing the temporary network directory.
4. Click OK.

Back