1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 9.5.3 Weak & Medium Ciphers?

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by LloydD, Nov 15, 2010.

1. LloydD

LloydD Basic Pleskian

60%
    Hi Guys,
    I have tried everything I can find on disabling weak and medium ciphers on Plesk, none seem to work.
    Has anyone managed to remove weak and medium ciphers from Plesk 9.5.3? I am running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

I was under the impression that this would be fixed for 9.5.3.
    I am using Comodo Hackerguardian PCI scanner if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.
    Kind regards

Lloyd

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  3. LloydD

LloydD Basic Pleskian

60%
    Hi Igor,
    yeah I have read that, I have managed to turn weak & medium ciphers off everywhere except Port 8443.
    There was alot of other fails (8) on Port 8443 but I have managed to get them written off as false positives, but I am still left with two - one fail for weak ciphers and one fail for medium ciphers on port 8443

I tried again with the cipher.lst (/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/cipher.lst) but I got this error (see attachment) on restart.
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Kind regards

Lloyd

Attached Files: