• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5.4, Icewarp 10.3.0, Spam Mail Subject

thomas wagner

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm using Plesk 9.5.4 with Icewarp 10.3.0 Mailserver on Windows 2003R2. Icewarp and Plesk are working together very smoothly. But when I try to change the Spam Mail Subject from within the "Spam Filtering" Tab of the Mail Server configuration I get the following Error.

Error: Cannot exec 'spammng --modify-header=*****SPAM**** --mailname':
The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IceWarp\spam\spam.dat'

"Spam.dat" within that folder is no longer available. Whenever you will copy a spam.dat file into the \spam Directory it will be renamed and the information will be stored somewhere else. (Does anybodey know where?)

Does anyone know if that is an issue with Plesk or with the configuration of Icewarp e-mail server?
And have a Solution?

Thanks and Regards

Thomas

P.S: A Workaround would be to configure the spam header within Icewarp, but Plesk should also do that.

Hello Thomas,

I am Chris Knott from IceWarp and just happened to be looking through this forum for something else and came across this and thought I would make myself useful.

This is definitely an issue on the Parallels side but you should be able to work around it in IceWarp itself. If you open the console in 10.3 and go to [File, API Console] it will open a new window that will contain every API call possible in IceWarp. In the search bar type "spam" and then enter.

This will now show you every possible API call for spam ( This is why there is no longer a "spam.dat" file as it has been integrated into the API ( A much better long term location). Look for this specific call "c_as_addspamsubjectstring" and then double click this and a new edit window will open. You can now specify whatever it is you want to have it say in the subject, for example [BULK]. Once you save this (click OK, then OK again) you can then go to the [Anti-Spam, Action] tab and see this updated value.

You can also always go to our community for questions like this as well by going to http://forum.icewarp.com. This has been greatly extended with Blogs, Articles, and also the forum posts/threads.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris

Back