• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5.5 - Still can't create SRV records

GregSmid

New Pleskian
Plesk Panel for Windows 9.5.5, Windows Server 2003 x86

After adding an SRV record for needed for Office365, I get an error after clicking the Update button. The record I'm trying to add is:

Record Type - SRV
Service Name - _sipfederationtls
Protocol Name - _tcp
Port Number - 5061
Priority of service - 0
Weight of service - 10
Target host - sipfed.online.lync.com

The error is: Incorrect DNS record values were specified.

What's interesting is that the record does actually show up in the web GUI, and it gets created in the back-end MSSQL database in PSA.dbo.dns_recs. However, it does not appear in Windows DNS.

At this point in the web GUI, I still have the Update and Revert buttons available. If I click Update again, I get the same error and another record gets added to PSA.dbo.dns_recs. If I click Revert, I get the normal "Information: Changes made to DNS records were cancelled" message both of the duplicate records do show up in the GUI.

I've also done some testing on the CLI using dns.exe, and it seems to not support SRV records at all. This command:

Code:
C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\bin>dns.exe --add example.com -srv '' -srv-service sipfederationtls -srv-target-host sipfed.online.lync.com -srv-protocol tcp -srv-port 5061 -srv-priority 0 -srv-weight 10

causes this result:

Code:
Unrecognized option: '-srv'

I'm pretty sure I got the syntax right based on the info at http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-win-cli/index.htm?fileName=44810.htm.

Also, as long as those SRV records exist in the database, I cannot add or modify any other records of any type... I always get the same "Incorrect DNS record values were specified." error, the record does appear to be changed within Plesk but the change is not reflected in Windows DNS.

Back