• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9 Is It Worth It Yet?

laughingbuddha

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I gotta ask really, is it worth the install or wait for a more stable release?

I'm in too minds, the eager tech lover in me wants the shiney new interface and features, but the seasoned tech support in me says, no way, wait for the next release.

I'm putting a clean server up next week, I currently have users on Plesk 8.3 and Plesk 8.6 vps's else where, which I intend to move to this one server.

So with that in mind, do you users who already have the full Plesk 9 running recommend the move or not?

Thanks,

Matt

http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=56934

if you plan to upgrade a productiv server i would say not yet wait some days more. However to take up the cudgels parallels also published in the meantime at the knowledgebase fixes and support, but still a lot of issues are open as you can see here in the forum.

Brujo

Short version... NO, NEVER, NOT.

So freakin buggy it's screwing boxes left and right from a sloppy, shotty
job. And the morons bought up Ensim and trashed that, meaning there's
little else that doesn't require a degree or $$$ to host somewhere. We're
sick and tired of slop and junk like this for no valid reason.

WHY have a beta and then just toss the heap of cow dung on the front
window at 90 mph anyways Parallel? Huh?

no wait

i've two plesk servers .
one dedicated with my own plesk --->upgrade failed --->Pesk interface is not working ..no default language
and a virtual server which is located by a big hoster - upgrade failed because the cms systems are not working in the webspaces (sql not found)

Thankfully I put my HP DL360 Plesk 8.6 server went up today.

No Plesk 9 till ART (atomicrocketturtle) supports it. If he supports it, it's worth installing. That's what I've learned.

Just waiting now for my licence to arrive. 2 buisness days, it's all electronic dam it, I want it now!!

Thanks for all your replies people, I hope this serves as a warning for others who are considering it too.

I'm sure Plesk 9 will be an excellant product, as was the Plesk versions before, but I feel this will happen after this early x.0 release.

Matt

Back